Fastest Tree Dweller

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
who do you reckon is the fastest arboreal category? baboons, pslamos, pokies or asiatics? i’ve heard people claim each of the three is the fastest so now i’m curious

Last edited:

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
Gotta say, I’ve not been overly impressed with the speed of my 8 pokies so far - in comparison with my OBT. My pokies scuttle quickly, but I can see them move - and hear their legs moving (with the bigger ones, the pattering of feet, in polycarbonate tanks). I know people say OBTs are fossorial - but IME they move at warp speed and inhabit multiple dimensions! :eek: :rofl:

Last edited:

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
I'll tell you right now, psalmo's are freaking fast.
I was going to add them to the list and also considered Pseudoclamoris genus as well but then thought that maybe OW’s were faster than NW’s but I’ve edited the OP

Tappies...

then maybe H. mac
by tappies do you mean Tapinauchenius/Pseudoclamoris? from the research I’ve been doing it seems like baboons ala Featherleg + Togo Starburst, might be on top but idk

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Tapinauchenius definitely. My little guy is lightning fast. So quick that your eyes almost can't process the movement, like they're teleporting.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
I’m going with S.calciatum .When an accomplished keeper and breeder ,with years of experience,and gets nailed,you know it’s fast.Looking at you @Liquifin .Glad your ok.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Yep, S. calceatum is fast, it only took 3 seconds and I was bit. It only took a rehouse freak-out, running up my long tongs and up my right arm then jumping onto my left hand to bite me. I still love them despite getting bit. :) And I named the female that bit me, "Prickle". I at least got the job done and bred her with a male, but I think she might molt soon. But I'm still waiting.

I’m going with S.calciatum .When an accomplished keeper and breeder ,with years of experience,and gets nailed,you know it’s fast.Looking at you @Liquifin .Glad your ok.
It only took 3 seconds to get bit, but I'm fine now. I'm going to reduce the weight training workouts and stick with basic bodyweight exercises for a while. Muscles really hurt when it it's constantly spasming and cramping out of control. I don't have a big frame or a lot of muscle on my body, but it still drove my muscles crazy. I hope no one gets bit by them in the future.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Yep, S. calceatum is fast, it only took 3 seconds and I was bit. It only took a rehouse freak-out, running up my long tongs and up my right arm then jumping onto my left hand to bite me. I still love them despite getting bit. :) And I named the female that bit me, "Prickle". I at least got the job done and bred her with a male, but I think she might molt soon. But I'm still waiting.

It only took 3 seconds to get bit, but I'm fine now. I'm going to reduce the weight training workouts and stick with basic bodyweight exercises for a while. Muscles really hurt when it it's constantly spasming and cramping out of control. I don't have a big frame or a lot of muscle on my body, but it still drove my muscles crazy. I hope no one gets bit by them in the future.
3 seconds? You're really slow 😂

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
My Tapinauchenius cupreus is faster than my Psalmo's (irminia,pulcher and cambridgei)

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Another vote for the S.cal, its speed puts my pokies, H.mac and P.cam to shame. The only tarantula I keep where i toss a roach in like a hand grenade into the enclosure and close it as fast as i can.