Fastest T for you

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Tarantulas come in all sorts and sizes, some are slow and some are fast, and almost all have their own personality. I’m wondering based on your OWN experience, which T has taken you by surprise with their speed. I’ve been working with T’s for almost 16 years. Yesterday I saw one of my o.violaceopes sprint faster than I have ever seen anything move. I actually jumped because I was so frightened, and the lid was even on so I was perfectly safe. It was literally just a blur for two seconds. This thread is made purely for fun, and to hear other keepers experiences with their own t’s.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’m jump scare prone. The bolty ones I at least expect it, the ones that are usually more sedentary and then sprint out of the blue get me all the time.

My G. iheringi is one that has made me jump even with the lid on. On one occasion it did a full charge at me from the other side of the enclosure when I was changing the water. Hasn’t done it since, but that really put me on edge. A 3” Rottweiler is what it is.

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
OBT. If I ever get another one of those it'll have to be an adult female. I am NOT rehousing another one of those "teleporting" terrors lol.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Arboreal - Tapinauchenius
Terrestrial - Ischnocolinae sp. "Dominican Republic" (Hobby Holothele sericea/Scopelobates sericueus)

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
with my p muticus sling its not really speed its more like which burrow entrance will it pop out. every morning its a game of whack a mole cleaning/filling its water dish packed to the deli cup lid with sub. its gonna be neat once its an adult in a 40 or more gallon storage bin seeing how crazy it digs now as a sling:D

Attachments

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My C. lividus! I still remember when I brought it home and had to rehouse it 🥲 Once it molts a few more times it's getting its adult enclosure.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I mean some underated speed but pretty fast short bolts has been Neoholothele incei

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Fastest tends to be subjective to me as the species can vary in speed from time to time. If I was to put it in some way, I would say all my Theraphosa's are the fastest in terms of responses whether it be food or feeding time. But fastest as in bolting out of enclosure, I'd say Chaetopelma sp. Egypt. Those specimens tends to be bolting for no reason most of the time, but they are easy to deal with once you get the gist of the genus/species.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
P. rufilata, hands down. The speed my 7" girl can display can be rather unnerving.

TheHound

Arachnoknight
I don't know how they rank among the fastest, but my D pentaloris is rapid as hell. :D

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
Mine is my G. iheringi. I couldn't believe a Grammostola could move that fast. And he's vicious with those crickets too. The only one that outdoes him in my collection is the P. cambridgei that I picked up a while back, but his/her speed doesn't surprise me.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Mine is my G. iheringi. I couldn't believe a Grammostola could move that fast. And he's vicious with those crickets too. The only one that outdoes him in my collection is the P. cambridgei that I picked up a while back, but his/her speed doesn't surprise me.
I'm starting to wonder if G Ihrengi and G Actaeon belong in a different genus