Fastest growing/Hardiest species of scorpion?

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Title says it all, which scorpion species (hot or not) grows fast, doesn't have molt problems, and can withstand temperatures in the 60's and 80's?

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Well, if you can keep temperatures closer to the 80's than the 60's, a desert species is your best bet because they don't typically have moult issues, fast growing would be A. australis or A. amourexii.

If you mean temps will be in between 60's and 80's would be better a tropical species something like Tityus stigmurus but like all tropical species it will have moult issues if you do not keep moisture and ventilation correctly....... some kind of happy medium would be something like B. jacksoni that is arid but not desert species, but they will not appreciate if temps are constantly bouncing around alot, prefer if its somewhat stable in the 70's.

Babycurus jacksoni Caresheet

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
probably centruroides (any native US species)... they can handle room temps without requiring additional heating and they don't generally have molt issues. Plus they do grow quite fast and they can do communal.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I’d go with Centuroides or T. Stigmurus.
Although the stigmurus is fairly “Hot” if you have kids or pets that mess with things could be a deal breaker

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Ignore everyone else: Parabuthus transvaalicus is your bet
It really can't get simple than PT, they will eat anything that moves and will never have molting problems.
I have a breeder friend who kept a couple hundred of them without heating throughout the winter (-5C at the coldest) without a single death
The breeding is pretty simple too, they will do their thing

They grow incredibly fast... but not the fastest, that goes to Lychas tricarinatus, I've seen them mature in under three months

The second fastest grower I've seen is Hottentotta hottentotta, which is also a super easy desert species, make your pick :rofl:

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
It really can't get simple than PT, they will eat anything that moves and will never have molting problems.
I have a breeder friend who kept a couple hundred of them without heating throughout the winter (-5C at the coldest) without a single death

They grow incredibly fast... but not the fastest, that goes to Lychas tricarinatus, I've seen them mature in under three months

The second fastest grower I've seen is Hottentotta hottentotta, which is also a super easy desert species, make your pick :rofl:
Also, I've never seen a single PT die from bad care. All the deaths I've seen are from accidents like dropping or crashing, and it almost never happens.
You have to try really really hard to kill a PT, it will survive anything short of a nuclear fallout :devil:

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Also, I've never seen a single PT die from bad care. All the deaths I've seen are from accidents like dropping or crashing, and it almost never happens.
You have to try really really hard to kill a PT, it will survive anything short of a nuclear fallout :devil:
Be careful if you decide on getting a Parabuthus transvaalicus. It is a highly venomous, dangerous species that has the ability to spray venom at the face of its attacker.
But if treated with respect for the animal, you shouldn't have any problems with this species!

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron

Appreciate it lots! The hottentotta can handle 60F temperature?

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Depends on how long, they probably won't for an extended period of time
P transvaalicus sounds like the way to go.

My home is in the 70's most of the time.. sometimes in the winter it can get in the 60s. I always hear scorpions need more heat, but if this species can be fine in that temp then I'm interested! I hope they can grow fine in those temps too

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
P transvaalicus sounds like the way to go.

My home is in the 70's most of the time.. sometimes in the winter it can get in the 60s. I always hear scorpions need more heat, but if this species can be fine in that temp then I'm interested! I hope they can grow fine in those temps too
I have one and absolutely love the little guy... lots of attitude :)

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
All desert scorpions will handle extreme temperature change for a short amount of time with no problem at all.
The problem is with digestion, if it doesn't heat back up they are going to start having problems eventually.