Fast growing beginner Ts?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
In addition to the ones mentioned the Pamphobeteus sp. also grows incredible fast. They are tropicals so maybe a bit more complicated in terms of husbandry for a beginner, but still not that hard to keep.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Homoeomma sp. blue peru

Mine grew from 1/2" sling to a 3,5" juvenile/sub-adult in a year. She (pretty sure) moulted 6 times in this year. Also, she's extremely docile, never had any hair kicking, let alone a threat posture. Good eater, too.

This was after her 5th moult:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Acanthoscurria geniculata. Everyone needs one of these murder tanks. They have nice coloring, grow at a decent rate, and have a very enthusiastic feeding response but are still manageable for beginners (who keep their fingers out of the enclosure).

My sling was 0.5" when I got him on 1/4/2017.

Molt dates:
  • 1/30/2017: 0.75"
  • 3/16/2017: 1.25"
  • 5/13/2017: 1.75"
  • 7/11/2017: 2"
  • 10/6/2017: 2.5"
  • 12/20/2017: 3"
  • 6/11/2018: 3.5"
  • 11/24/2018: 3.75+"

0.75" on 1/30/2017

over 3.75" on 12/2/2018

Galaxyblues

Arachnopeon
Fast growing T's is the title...and you're getting a Brachypelma albopilosum sling??
I have no experience with A.calcodes or G.pulchripes, but a B.albo is a slow grower,although a very cool looking T imo,I've got 4 of
them,3 female juvies and a sling. The juvies are 2,5 years old and have DLS of ~10 cm..and still have some growing to do before tthey'll mature.
Very good beginner Ts but fast growing? Not so much.
Congratulations on your new addiction though :embarrassed:
I have an a. Calcodes and I can tell you that growth rate is slow crawl. Around and inch per year or two

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Acanthroscuria geniculata
Mines growing like crazy good inch each molt.

P.minuris (orange bitey thing)
I know people will say absolutely not for a beginner but they are extremly hardy. Easy to care for. Grow quickly.

But...
They are demonically fast. Really defensive, potentially painful bite. Old world...

Id have to say also a p.irminia.
Arboreal also old world and really fast, can jump. Slightly more intricate care.

Those are the ones i currently own so my knowledge is growing but check out,
Dark den
Exotics lair
On youtube they have a huge collection and really knowledgeable and fun to watch :)
A P irminia is also known as the "Venezuelan Sun Tiger". It is not Old World.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Acanthroscuria geniculata
Mines growing like crazy good inch each molt.

P.minuris (orange bitey thing)
I know people will say absolutely not for a beginner but they are extremly hardy. Easy to care for. Grow quickly.

But...
They are demonically fast. Really defensive, potentially painful bite. Old world...

Id have to say also a p.irminia.
Arboreal also old world and really fast, can jump. Slightly more intricate care.

Those are the ones i currently own so my knowledge is growing but check out,
Dark den
Exotics lair
On youtube they have a huge collection and really knowledgeable and fun to watch :)
What?

Why would you even bring up P. murinus in a thread asking for beginner species? Seriously, I have half a mind to delete that for trolling, because I have no idea what else it could be...