fast food scorp?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What do you think? Gravid, or have I Americanized this scorp with fast food? I think maybe both. Going on a diet.

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you fed it alot as of late? How Long have you had it? And do you keep it communial?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No, no way I would keep it communal. It was kind of pudgy when I first got it. I fed it a lot at first and then stopped. I haven't fed it in a couple of weeks. Oh I haven't had it very long. I started a thread right after I bought them. I could go find that to see when I got them.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like the yellow posterior border on the tergites, very nice. Great looking scorpion and good photo. I reckon you've supersized it...too many macca's..:}

Aillith

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This may sound really noob to you all, please don't shoot me.

I thought scorpions didn't eat if they weren't hungry?

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This may sound really noob to you all, please don't shoot me.

I thought scorpions didn't eat if they weren't hungry?
Some of them are always hungry. In my 12 U planimanus young there is a mixture of fussy and pigs. Some of them are huge and some still look lithe. A fat scorpion can still be hungry, I know a few people like that.

Aillith

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hrm. My L.buchari female seems to eat anything she finds. I know she took 2, possibly 3 crickets in 2 days. There was a third cricket, it got devoured. I -think- it was her, but I am not sure. She looks... very fat. Her mate looks, not as lithe as when I got him, but definately not the porker she is.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the plueral shows that much because of how short the scorpion is. All of mine have very pudgey stomachs. The females are much pudgier, but since the others are too, I haven't mentally commited to it being gravid... although I tried mating them and they wouldn't even go near eachother. For bouth of our sake though, I hope they are, but I haven't gotten my hopes up.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Saying the Hadogenes genus rarely eat in the first place, I doubt one could get that big by just eating. I guess you'll find out in about year or so if it is indeed gravid or not, eh?

Mike

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
True i feed mine every once a month or so. I tried feeding at three weeks and they won't eat. These species are a little on the anerexic side. But you always have those few exceptions. So i dont know really it all depends on how much and what your feeding her.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This one and another one I have pigged out every day for at least five days. Then I really slowed it down and haven't fed either one in about two weeks. I think they were kept in bad conditions at the pet store. There were dead, stinking crix in their containers. They were obviously trying to feed them but the scorps I think might have been too cold or ...something. But they pig now. I have a small area in a corner of the containers they are in that is heated. The sand gets pretty hot there. I see them flattened out over those areas sometimes. Looks funny because they really stretch themselves over the warm sand there,.. ahhhhhhh.