Fast Feisty and pretty as can be

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
No hurry , take ya time and beers ;)

quite sure it's something else,...

got any more of these ? :} {D :D

*edit*
spiracles are the breeding-holes on the side of the segments,... you'll found out if ya look on the side of the pede ;)

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry, no more at home. But I bought it from www.bugsdirectuk.com so they might have a few.

Breathing holes. Yeah that figures, it's gonna go berserk on me tomorrow when I try to take pictures. It think it might be on "speed" or something, a total lunatic whatever it is :eek:

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's another pic of the head, now I gotta run

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
mmm, now i'm confused :?

hard to tell if the headplate is indeed underneath the 1st segment or not ?

Guess Dan can help,.. i bet he's got some of the shipment of www.bugsdirectuk.com to :D

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Steven,

No, i missed out on those! All i saw that they had in stock was some rather overpriced S. subspinipes, but maybe there was a few of these in the same batch. I've seen pictures of these before,and always assumed they were a colour variation of the usual Mai Chau subspinipes. What makes you think it might not be? What ever it is, its a very nice pede. I might have to get in touch with bugsdirectuk and see what they have when they are back from Thailand.

Cheers,

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's a few more pics. I don't think I can get any better than these, the pede won't stay still for a second.

@steven: about the spiracles, I didn't see two holes in a row they were all one segment apart.

@danread: I think I might have bought one of those overprized subspinipes, and this was what I got :)

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Steven said:
mmm, now i'm confused :?

hard to tell if the headplate is indeed underneath the 1st segment or not ?
THe headplate lies over the 1st segment

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blue Pede!#@$%#!

Sweet merciful crap, Someone please give me more info on that blue pede. My god a breedable pede and its blue. Is this heaven or am I still comming down from last night?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
isn't that a S. morsitans (mortisans? i see it spelled both ways)? i hear they hide most of the time under the substrate/waterdishes...but gorgeous to say the least

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
@423

it's a subspinipes,... i was confused by the first picture,...
the shape of the head and position of the headplate on that picture made me wondering,... but looking at the following pictures,... it looks like a subspinipes. only 1 thing to check,... the underside of the terminal leggs,... not the side but realy the UNDERSIDE of the terminal legs you should check on 1 thorn or none ! ;)

@Bigboy and edesign

it's a Ethmostigmus trigonopodus DEF. not a scolopendra !!!
(and surely no scolopendra morsitans :wall: :D )

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
lol, sorry :razz: only bluish-green 'pede I have seen pics of...newb here, be gentle :D

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
edesign said:
lol, sorry :razz: only bluish-green 'pede I have seen pics of...newb here, be gentle :D
ok :D

one of the reasons i hate common names,...
blue-legs, neonblueleg, blue-ringed leg,... etc...
just a total mess for confusion ;)

but if ya want common names,..
try "Giant Tanzanian Blue-leg" (it's from Kenia anyway but :rolleyes: )
morsitans go by "Blue-ringed leg" i guess.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@steven: I just checked on the terminal legs, no spur on the underside just on the inside. So it's a subspinipes after all then?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer

yeah i guess it's subspinipes,... th 1st picture made me confused,... cause i thought the head was underneath the 1st tergite and its shape of headplate was kinda strange for a subspinipes (but pictures aren't reliable,.. like proven again :rolleyes: ;) )

if you're sure it doesn't have a spur on the underside of the terminal legs it COULD BE a subspinipes dehaani, but the're more ID-keys needed to be sure.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Steven said:
ok :D

but if ya want common names,..
try "Giant Tanzanian Blue-leg" (it's from Kenia anyway but :rolleyes: )
my turn to correct :D even if it is only a spelling error lol..."Kenya" :)

i gotta get me a pede here soon...time to do some more research as i dont' want a pet cage like some of my scorps :p

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Steven said:

yeah i guess it's subspinipes,... th 1st picture made me confused,... cause i thought the head was underneath the 1st tergite and its shape of headplate was kinda strange for a subspinipes (but pictures aren't reliable,.. like proven again :rolleyes: ;) )

if you're sure it doesn't have a spur on the underside of the terminal legs it COULD BE a subspinipes dehaani, but the're more ID-keys needed to be sure.
Well, I don't think I've ever seen a dehaani but at least I can keep it labeled as a subspinipes ;) . Anyway it's big and mean so I like it just as it is.

Maybe someone who keeps a dehanni can put up a pic. Pleeeeease :worship:

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
423>>>

Hmmm, vem kan du vara? Jag har koll på de flesta som sysslar med scollos i Sverige. Finns du på zoonen?

/Martin. aka. caseone

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, it has been a while. I was just wondering who has gotten some gigantic Pedes since this first went up and if they think they are deserving of this thread.

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bigboy said:
Well, it has been a while. I was just wondering who has gotten some gigantic Pedes since this first went up and if they think they are deserving of this thread.
I got a pretty big S.subspinipes recently, but you've already seen it!!!

m

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I most certainly have. But I'm sure there are others out there who have truely gargantuan individuals. I'd love to see who has the largest pede of each species.