Fang Troubles, need help quickly.

CreepypastaPony

Arachnopeon
Hello there, my fellow tarantula owners. I need help on an issue with my Brachypelma boehmei. She came out of a molt recently with her previous fangs stuck to her chelicerae. They fell off her eventually, by adding some humidity to the environment, but them falling off revealed an even worse issue. Her fangs are mutated, her left being non-existent whilst her right is too big to go into the crickets. I need help on how to offer food to her, because until her next molt, she can't get her fangs into the food. Any answer to how to feed would be wonderful, thank you. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, by the way.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Mash up crickets in a seperate waterdish and make a soup. The sucking stomach should still work fine but obviously catching live food will be a problem. See if she manages with that. Be sure to empty and clean regularly.

CreepypastaPony

Arachnopeon
Thank you, I appreciate it. I get crickets from a local petstore that she seems to take a liking to, so I'll follow your suggestion to the letter. Thank you, once again

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Make sure you keep a FULL bowl of water in there, this is important as she may not eat that frequently, or at all.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Make sure you keep a FULL bowl of water in there, this is important as she may not eat that frequently, or at all.
feed it wax worms.
Yes and yes. Do that. Wax worms are fattier than crickets (as I recently learned thanks to cold blood) and water is crucial when a T is unable to eat live prey, from what I've seen. I had an irminia that lost it's fangs and it drank far more water between molts that time than any other time.

horanjp

Arachnosquire
So sad! I have an albiceps with fang issues.....I suspect inbreeding brings these things about in the hobby, much like we see in humans bred of the same circumstance. It will be a labor of love keeping this little fellow alive, wax worms are a fantastic idea to try. Luckily, boehmei aren't the slowest growing of the Brachypelma. Good luck!