Fang shot

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm in a picture sharing mood today:)
My L.Parahybana is finishing up her rat and when I went to check her out she gave my a big smile :D

The size of those fangs is amazing! (to me anyway:) )

Attachments

Last edited:

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that's pretty nasty, but super impressive T!

-Olan

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Olan
that's pretty nasty, but super impressive T!

-Olan
Nasty you say? well I took lotsa photos of that rat, wich were about the same size as the T's body at the beginning, and some of them are so gross that I hesitate to post them! =D

Originally posted by Sean
how large is s/he??
Haven't measured her but an estimate would be about 7", so I'm hoping the next couple of molts will add an inche or two.

Last edited:

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, you asked for it ...and you who dont like slime, gore, guts'n blood, well its time for you to visit another thread ;P
First of all, this is what she started with:
and by the way, the rat pinkie is over 3" from forehead to butt.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And the last one, for now anyway :D
just some gray, yuckie, substance left.
And by the way, she's finished now. It took her about 15-16 hours to finishing the whole meal, supose she have a couple hours of flossing to do now ;)

..and I know all this might not be a big deal to all of you who kept T's for years, but I'm new to this and find everything I discover about those animals absolutely fascinating:)

Attachments

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
"Fangs" for the pics... I just bought two of them and they are little bitty babies... but I can't wait till they look like THAT!!!

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im gonna take the fangs from my parahybana when it reaches 9 inches and molts and make me a necklace

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice pics,
I know my wife would kill me if I fed any of my T's a pinkie. But I want to try it after my chaco molts.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my G. rosea 3" loooves her pinkies. :) i'm sure you guys know it's best to feed frozen, so i won't bother mentioning that. (grin)

i usually avoid buying them from pet stores because many keep their pinkies and mice on CEDAR...ARGH!!!

my Ts favorite things seem to be waxworms though...wow.

Hogge2k

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
my G. rosea 3" loooves her pinkies. :) i'm sure you guys know it's best to feed frozen, so i won't bother mentioning that. (grin)
Wouldn't that give the T a shooting pain in its fangs? =D (jk)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oooooooh, tarantula brain freeze!=D

SpiderTwin.... give your wife the credit card, tell her to go to the mall, and I guarantee you'll have AMPLE time for your chaco to completely finish a pinkie!=D

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
arrrrgh, okay i BEGGED for that one...lol.

um, pre-killed frozen mice that HAVE BEEN THAWED!!! :p

i bet you think you're pretty funny don't ya? huh huh? well you aren't so nyah!

seriously though, many pet store mice are fed terrible things and kept on dangerous substrate. most rodent breeders that ship frozen feed awesome food, keep them on safe substrate and kill with CO2, which is most humane for those that care.

www.rodentpro.com is awesome.