Fan on

PolarisTR

Arachnopeon
IMG_1918.JPG

It's very hot in the UK and I've set up a fan next to me. I know spiders down like any sort of breeze and so I've thrown one of my shirts on top of the enclosures to buffer any wind. Is this fine to do? I don't want to stress them out? I have a G pulchra and a B smithi.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I have a ceiling fan running 24/7, and I've intentionally put a small deal fan in my hot room for the spiders. Stagnant air isn't good for any animal. So long as you're not pointing the fan directly at the enclosures, they're fine.

The only thing to watch out for is drying out. Increased airflow means increased evaporation.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the summer, I run a fan in my T room to keep the air moving. Just make sure that large fan isn't blowing directly on any of them. I have one of those, and it puts out a strong breeze! :)

PolarisTR

Arachnopeon
In the summer, I run a fan in my T room to keep the air moving. Just make sure that large fan isn't blowing directly on any of them. I have one of those, and it puts out a strong breeze! :)
Yea it has three settings but setting one is Hurricane Katrina. I don't use the other settings...