Famous scorp

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Watch the first 20 sec of this somewhat new music vid from linkin park.. is that an emp? and if so, y do they have it in the desert? they need to have Hadrurus arizonensis walking in his place, who was directing this thing? lol :wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
.. is that an emp? and if so, y do they have it in the desert? they need to have Hadrurus arizonensis walking in his place, who was directing this thing?
Probably the result of movies like 'the Mummy'.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Watch the first 20 sec of this somewhat new music vid from linkin park.. is that an emp? and if so, y do they have it in the desert? they need to have Hadrurus arizonensis walking in his place, who was directing this thing? lol :wall:

I am willing to bet anything that you are right about it being a P.imperator. I think they don't use a Handrurus arizonensis because they aren't as calm and easily manipulated as emps.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It won't hurt to be on sand for a short while. I actually went into a major chain store that had a desert setup full of emps and had the employee tell me that P. imperator "were a desert species and this is how they should be kept" so then I asked if they might have any more humid species like from the rainforests. The so called "expert" said no that they only had this desert species. Then I said "well what about these P. imperator that you have wrongly housed in a desert setup that are from the rainforest?" He just stood there and drooled as I walked out.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Probably the result of movies like 'the Mummy'.
I was thinking about the movie 'The Scorpion King' with the rock, also alot of emperors up in the African desert. :confused: I think it is the docile factor as was mentioned, and also that they look fearsome all big and black.

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All I have to say, is he doesn't rock the hawk very well.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you would think in a professionally made video they would know to use a desert species.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you would think in a professionally made video they would know to use a desert species.

just like you'd think in a big budget hollywood movie they would know as well, but don't
face it emps are easier to work with and if there is an accident there is very little to worry about

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just like you'd think in a big budget hollywood movie they would know as well, but don't
face it emps are easier to work with and if there is an accident there is very little to worry about
yea true, it just seems so out of place for us scorp people. at least use a desert hairy or something and get someone who knows what their doing to work with it

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't think they are concerned with what is accurate in movies/videos. Most people watching have no idea what type of scorpion they are looking at. They are using a particular animal because of its appearance.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well.. for this video it would have been really easy.. it's 3 sec of footage of a scorp walking, so it would have not been that hard to pull off...

but yes, most people don't know the difference>>> although to me, they mine as well have put a poison arrow frog or lobster walking there :? it just doesn't fit.

oh yea, i don't think he rocks the halk at all! he should have just stayed with his old hair cut lol :/

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well.. for this video it would have been really easy.. it's 3 sec of footage of a scorp walking, so it would have not been that hard to pull off...

but yes, most people don't know the difference>>> although to me, they mine as well have put a poison arrow frog or lobster walking there :? it just doesn't fit.

oh yea, i don't think he rocks the halk at all! he should have just stayed with his old hair cut lol :/
Or die, maybe we can convince him to hold a Lq for the next vid ;)