false widow enclosure

zxneon

Arachnosquire
is this enclosure good for false widow ? holes on side , front and top . On top easy access hatch for feeding .
I have just put her inside. She is very confused inside , trying to grab smooth walls .
Will she be able make web inside ?

Attachments

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I'd put way more sticks in there, and longer ones. Use all the space.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She'll do fine although as said, she'll need more attachment points. I usually use a gallon jug to keep my messy webbers in. I put in a couple of sticks that don't quite go all the way to the top and they will web from the sticks to the sides of the jar. The web will expand and fill the entire container.

Smiling Scribe

Arachnopeon
Believe it or not, I've had the best luck when the containers held NO sticks at all, giving the prey no places to hide.

And yes, my spiders--one false widow and one grass spider--did fill up their entire smooth-sided plastic containers, which were nothing more than ex-candied cherry tubs. (My false widow amazed me the day she was finally able to walk across the underside of the lid like a boss.)

She also made a little nest for herself, which was a hollow in the web where she both sat and slept.