Falling into the Old World

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Just a thought but for my OB slings when they get to 1.5" I use cheap 4L or 5L plastic cereal containers. One of them would be great for your Hystero. ;)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
In fact they are that deep that I use them in reverse style for my psalmos too :)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I had the same thought about the Mainstay containers for an H. mac I picked up. I found this at the Container Store. http://www.containerstore.com/s/kit...r-snapware-containers/123d?productId=10006901 .

I like the snap up center. It's much less of a big alert noise and vibration to the H mac. Maybe it's just me, but it makes it easier for me. Yes it's twice the price, but it's still only 8 bucks.
I have some of those in a smaller style that are stored somewhere. I need to checkout that latch and possibly order some of those. in the large size

They don't have them on TCS's website, and there's no name anywhere on them. I want to say they were $16 each. The lids are a little loud when snapping them shut, some people prefer quieter lids. I don't really care. Some people also don't like screw-on lids, whereas again, I don't care. It's all about personal preference, really.

I like those too. They work well!
I have several with the snap locks (Snapware and Sistema) and I am not liking how they make the substrate jump if you don't close it carefully.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I had the same thought about the Mainstay containers for an H. mac I picked up. I found this at the Container Store. http://www.containerstore.com/s/kit...r-snapware-containers/123d?productId=10006901 .

I like the snap up center. It's much less of a big alert noise and vibration to the H mac. Maybe it's just me, but it makes it easier for me. Yes it's twice the price, but it's still only 8 bucks.
The Snapware I am talking about is these instead of the ones you mentioned at Container Store. They make a large pop when closed and for a small T container the impact is bigger.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Just a thought but for my OB slings when they get to 1.5" I use cheap 4L or 5L plastic cereal containers. One of them would be great for your Hystero. ;)
Since I felt rushed to get it out of the shipping vial, I just put it in a 32 oz deli for the moment.

It was funny when I opened the vial. They didn't have much towel material used for the plug on this one. So I was holding the vial and expected the plug to slowly start unraveling as I removed it with tweezers. I suddenly found myself holding the vial staring at an OW T as it turned around in the vial. I put the whole vial in the deli cup real fast. It worked out okay. I suppose this will be the first T I own to give me defensive stances.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Since I felt rushed to get it out of the shipping vial, I just put it in a 32 oz deli for the moment.

It was funny when I opened the vial. They didn't have much towel material used for the plug on this one. So I was holding the vial and expected the plug to slowly start unraveling as I removed it with tweezers. I suddenly found myself holding the vial staring at an OW T as it turned around in the vial. I put the whole vial in the deli cup real fast. It worked out okay. I suppose this will be the first T I own to give me defensive stances.
32oz will do for temporary digs. It will outgrow that rapidly. Thats good there was no issues. Just gotta take your time with them ;)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I've never used those; I feel like they don't provide enough width for Psalmos. I've kept all of mine (even large adults) in the Mainstay 1 gallon containers from Wal-Mart.

What I REALLY love these days though, and they are a little pricey but SO NICE, are these from The Container Store. They work great for both my burrowing Ts, like E. murinus and E. cyanognathus, and would work great for arboreal Ts if you're okay with a top-opening lid. Unfortunately, TCS doesn't have them on their website. They're 1.5 or 2 gallon, I'd say. Tall rectangles that are the lock-and-lock style.
You were right about the Rubbermaid container. It is two narrow for my Psalms. It would probably make a great oversized starter container for a Psalms or OW, but my Pulchers are middle sized and too large - gonna look at the other options we discussed.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
You were right about the Rubbermaid container. It is two narrow for my Psalms. It would probably make a great oversized starter container for a Psalms or OW, but my Pulchers are middle sized and too large - gonna look at the other options we discussed.
I just bought some containers from Target today that are square cheese ball containers. $5.49 each. 20 oz. I plan to house A. Ezendami in them but they'd be great for arboreals, too. Something to consider :)