Faking the Death Curl

mfm96

Arachnopeon
One of my female C. Ritae had her legs in an almost deathcurl, all the legs were bent under her almost as far as it would go with a death curl. She was not her back, more leaning to the side.
She has not been taking food the last week(tried 2 times, with 3 days inbetween). And she is really defensive and striking anything that comes to her web. Pre - molt behaviour maybe? Anyone experienced anything similar ?

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
They do tend to act weird during the last days of premolt. Although in my experience they are nore skittish than defensive. I would say premolt anyway.

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Best photos i can manage while she is hiding. Last molt was about 45-60 days ago, info from the seller. But she is already a 2 cm in body length, that is about as big as they get. Humidity ranges from 60-80%. temperatur 22-25 C. It looks like there may be some darkening on the abdomen. My MM is a lot more orange and shiny on the shield.
Edit: Forgot to mention, after shining a light on her for a little bit she went back to normal stance like in the pictures, hence the faking. IMGP9237.jpg IMGP9238.jpg IMGP9240.jpg

Last edited:

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Best photos i can manage while she is hiding. Last molt was about 45-60 days ago, info from the seller. But she is already a 2 cm in body length, that is about as big as they get. Humidity ranges from 60-80%. temperatur 22-25 C. It looks like there may be some darkening on the abdomen. My MM is a lot more orange and shiny on the shield. View attachment 239652 View attachment 239653 View attachment 239654
Ah, she looks quite plump to me. I´d say she´s most likely in premoult. Just keep the water dish filled and leave her be for now :)