Fake bark

ORO

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I first cut the foam with a razor knife, then used a dremel with a wire brush to clean the groves up and add some texture to the untouched area of the foam

knightjar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice job!

From the thread title I was expecting something about Selenocosmia stridulation...

smokin420311

Arachnopeon
i am gunna try this
i was wondering if anyone thought of a possible way to make it look like rock insted of wood

ORO

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^ yes just cover in tile grout, lots of colors

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just make sure to wash it with water a BUNCH because grout/concrete has a ph of 7 and that could be bad....or see if theres a grout with 0 ph

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice!
I saw some foam tubes last week at the craft store and
have even seen them in the hardware store for the heating pipes... hmmmm ... ideas ideas..
:p

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
very nice!
I saw some foam tubes last week at the craft store and
have even seen them in the hardware store for the heating pipes... hmmmm ... ideas ideas..
:p
That gives me ideas for hides for my snakes... too bad the foam is probbaly too light and will be moved/destroyed by them...

Guess the T's are the only ones who get cool foam decor.

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That gives me ideas for hides for my snakes... too bad the foam is probbaly too light and will be moved/destroyed by them...

Guess the T's are the only ones who get cool foam decor.
You might try gluing it to the side or on to something stable in their enclosure.

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
You might try gluing it to the side or on to something stable in their enclosure.
I could but I try to keep everything in my snake tanks removable for easy cleaning... they always decide to defecate in the most inconvenient places. :p

I don't know... I'm gonna continue to consider DIY stuff for my snakes cause all this backdrop/hide making with foam has started me thinking. I make lots of stuff for my snakes but you can usually tell what it's made of, this has got me thinking about how to camouflage my hides to make 'decor'. lol. but I think the foam itself will have to be for T's.

ORO

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok be careful of the foam for hides or burrows, my rosea decided to dig into the foam and made a mess, leave it to a rosea! PVC will be the better alternative here I guess

You can, I used foam for my sons Ball Python enclosure, I used latex paint as the covering, its is 100 washable, hide and all. Hide is secured to the back ground. I can bring the whole tank into a wash tube or shower and clean well.