Failing Blondi mating, why?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, my oldest and biggest of the three females molted tonight. So now all three has molted within 3 month.

I've looked at the links posted here, and all I can say is that I've had several big female apophys, and would NOT mistake them for a blondi. However, burgundy or not might prove more of a challange.

The male is drumming RIGHT now, and the closest female has exited her cave and is searching for him by the glas. I'll introduce them again, but I know how it will end....

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The easiest way to se the diffierence between the blondi and burgundy after juvenile is the lack of patella setae at the burgundy. The real blondi have very hairy knees.

The burgundy also have white tarsus on their front legs slings-juvenile.

I´ve had the same problem with mating G. pulchra, the female was very willing but the male did the same thing as yours almost every time and i tried aprox 10 times. Sometimes he ran like crazy even thou the female was very very calm.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The easiest way to se the diffierence between the blondi and burgundy after juvenile is the lack of patella setae at the burgundy. The real blondi have very hairy knees.

The burgundy also have white tarsus on their front legs slings-juvenile.

I´ve had the same problem with mating G. pulchra, the female was very willing but the male did the same thing as yours almost every time and i tried aprox 10 times. Sometimes he ran like crazy even thou the female was very very calm.
Tjena Falk

Yesh, I read it. But that would mean that about every blondi I've ever seen in the "swedish" (german) hobby is a burgundy...

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, like I said. My biggest girl molted the other day, and here's some pics for you to look at.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Strange that no one on this board has suggested putting the male in an "ICU" yet.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are getting slightly better. Or the male, in this situation. Still no insrtion but getting closer. The female in this particular mating is so hot for him, I'm impressed.

Anyways, the male:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Thats a nice lookin male there! Ive been having a bit of trouble with a MM H. lividum. He is really a chicken.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Its a miracle than any spider breads at all if my old lady tried to kill me everytime we got it on I would be able to wait a lot longer

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you been trying to "key" them in by raising the humidity, raising the moisture levels? Its looking rather dry in there which might have an impact.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I would definatly go with the humidity being TOO low... Moisten it up a bit in their and maybe raise the temp just a bit and he should be good to go.