Extra large sling

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and how the sling compared in size as a adult.

Back in April I pulled a sack from my P. cambridgie and opened it to find eggs with legs. 95% had already hatched to the legs stage but there was a few that were still eggs. One of these was noticeably larger then the others and oval shaped. I set it to one side in the hammock so I could keep an eye on it.

A couple days later it got legs and was easily twice the size of any other in the clutch. Once it molted I separated it so I wouldn't lose track of who was who.

Now a few months later this sling is still so much larger then any other. It is eating and molting on the same schedule as the others.

Really makes me wonder what size it be as a adult, will it continue to always be big or will the growth regulate as it reaches adulthood.

I have it and 2 more slings left, I will get some compression pictures in a few days as they are all molting right now.

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm not sure, but that will definatly be one to hold on to and do the wait and see game.{D yeah some pics would be nice to:D

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh yeah, its not going anywhere. The two smaller ones have molted but the big guy is taking his time. Hopefully it will be today.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! That's a bonus for you...extra large sling. I would hold on to it and try to breed it to get larger slings. That will a bonus for the hobby. You could name the giant morph after you. Just think!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am saying that one you have singled out is going to be a male. That's just my guess though. Those that outpace sibblings always tend to be males.

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The owner of the reptile shop where I get most of my T's from, has many Brazilian Black and Whites from the same egg sack. they are now about anywhere from 1.5 to 3.5 in. in size. She said that she always feeds them the same amount, yet there is a lot of difference in size.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, the big guy molted last night so I'll have pics in a couple of days.

I also suspect that its a male but it seems strange it was bigger from egg stage. I tried to sex the molt but it was too small.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, the big guy molted last night so I'll have pics in a couple of days.

I also suspect that its a male but it seems strange it was bigger from egg stage. I tried to sex the molt but it was too small.

maybe he's just an over achiever? :D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Acromeglia? :rolleyes: Do Ts have a petuitary gland..... hmmm...:?