Extra info?

averagehomeboy

Arachnopeon
I have been a tarantula keeper since this last June. I bought two slings, an Aphonopelma seemanni named Jesús and a Grammostola pulchripes named Valentín. They have grown so much this past summer. They were both about 3/4 inches when I got them and now they are nearing an inch and half. I am excited how big they are cause they look like mini adults now with their colors and everything.

I feed them about two times a week. I throw a cricket in and if they eat it sweet but if it's been a few hours I'll pull it out. So they eat pretty regularly. I was wondering what is the best thing I could feed them besides crickets.

I was pretty nervous to take care of these guys (unless I come to find out they are girls haha) but I think I am doing pretty well. All of there molts have been awesome.

Just wondering if there are things I should watch out for as they continue to grow since I am still new to caring for these guys.

I am super glad I chose to get some tarantulas because they are the best.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dubia roaches are a popular food item among hobbyists. But I'd probably stick with crickets for now unless you have easy access to the roaches. Otherwise you'd want to start a colony and with just two tarantulas it really isn't worth it.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Mealworms are a feeder you could use as a variety. Be sure to crush the heads though, or they'll burrow and could potentially be a threat to a moulting T.
Other than that it sounds like you're doing fine :)
Maybe post some pics of set up and T for additional advice.

averagehomeboy

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Mealworms are a feeder you could use as a variety. Be sure to crush the heads though, or they'll burrow and could potentially be a threat to a moulting T.
Other than that it sounds like you're doing fine :)
Maybe post some pics of set up and T for additional advice.
Thank you for the suggestions.
Here are some pictures of them. They have been in these deli containers since I got them. How big can they get before I should move them to a bigger enclosure. When the soil gets dry I mist it. I was thinking I should place a bark chip or something for them to hide under. If I am missing something please let me know cause I want to make sure they have everything they need.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Looking good :)
I think one or maybe two molts from now would be good to rehouse them, although the spider on the first pic looks larger then the other one, i would rehouse it after one molt.
A leaf or barkchip would be good for hiding or burrowing under. You could also consider adding a waterdish like a bottle cap for drinking. That way you could stop misting and only dribble some water down the sides of the cups.
But overall good i would say!

averagehomeboy

Arachnopeon
Looking good :)
I think one or maybe two molts from now would be good to rehouse them, although the spider on the first pic looks larger then the other one, i would rehouse it after one molt.
A leaf or barkchip would be good for hiding or burrowing under. You could also consider adding a waterdish like a bottle cap for drinking. That way you could stop misting and only dribble some water down the sides of the cups.
But overall good i would say!
Awesome. Ya the first T was a little bigger when I got him so he is about two molts ahead of the second.
Thank you much for the help. I will be preparing for rehousing soon.