extra gallery space for us photo maniacs?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I've only just realised that I've maxed out my 500MB gallery space limit. Had I known there was a limit in place i would have been more selective about my uploads, but the majority of them are, at least to me, special photos that I'd rather keep than delete. I have 2 suggestions

Firstly, display the user's currently used space in the process of uploading a gallery image. From what I can tell, the only place it's visible is at the bottom of the gallery screen and for a mobile user like me I almost never scroll down there.

Secondly, if possible, provide more gallery space per user. 750MB to 1GB would be plenty, and hardly any users would hit anywhere close to this limit. I couldn't help but notice that the gallery disk usage is only around the 12GB mark, and if that is indeed the space taken up by every gallery file in the entire history of AB, I think there'd surely be plenty of space to spare. I also think it's slightly more unfair on high resolution macro photographers with larger file sizes per photo, they theoretically can't upload as many images as let's say someone with the worst camera and lowest resolution settings in history.

If these can't be resolved, I'll just have to comb through some of my older uploads to free up space, but thought I'd leave it as a suggestion nonetheless. Thanks for reading

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Just thought id bump this up one last time, are these changes still being considered for future site updates? Or are they more than likely going to be scrapped to make way for other changes? I rarely upload to the gallery anymore as i often have to delete at least 2 older photos to upload 1 newer one. Is it worth just saving all my old ones elsewhere and deleting them all to make way for newer photos or should i just hold tight for a while?

Thx and regards,
Rez

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hi Rez,

Sorry for the delay. We're still hashing out the details, but there should definitely be something coming soonish.

Regards,
Scott