Suggestion Export DM's

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Would it be possible (or is it already possible and I'm blind/lacking the knowledge) to add some kind of feature that will allow you to export DM's in your inbox to some downloadable file format? I do have a larger inbox thanks to the Arachnosupporter+ account upgrade, but I still hate having to "leave conversations" and lose those records to free up space. Since I keep all conversations that regard a buying or selling transaction or contain valuable insights/advice that were elicited from more seasoned keepers/breeders and I only see those activities increasing as time goes on, I'll eventually run out of inbox space even as an Arachnosupporter+. Is such an feature a possibility?

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Yea that would be great, i have been hiking in sweden for more than a month now and lost my active member status. So i got blocked from sending any more PMs simply because of that and i dont wan't to delete the remaining ones ether just to send one message.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
This feature has been turned on for Arachnosupporters.
Sweet! Uh, where is it lol? I might need an ELI5 guide as I don't see where this feature is in my inbox. I don't recognize any new options for selected messages and I don't see an export option under the navigation sub-menu either.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
  1. From the "inbox" view, check off the boxes next to the conversations that you want to export. Once you have selected some conversations, there should be another toolbar that shows up where you can choose what to do with the selected items.
  2. Select "export"
  3. Click "go"
  4. choose the file format you would like the conversations to be exported into.

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Sadly, I'm still not seeing it. I cycled my login and requested the desktop site on mobile to no avail. The standard toolbar pops up when a conversation is checked, but there's no export option.
Screenshot_20220830-184552_Chrome.jpg

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Wasn't you, it was me. thought that the Arachnosupporter Plus built upon Arachnosupporter permissions, but they're separate entities. Should be fixed now, please try again.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Wasn't you, it was me. thought that the Arachnosupporter Plus built upon Arachnosupporter permissions, but they're separate entities. Should be fixed now, please try again.
Gotcha, basically had to change two things instead of one. Export is now an option and I was able to complete a test run.

For posterity for others, this won't automatically download a file like if you were downloading a pdf from Google or something similar. The Export option appears to generate a request to the site, which prepares a download in your chosen file format. Once prepared, you'll get an alert and a download link to get the DM file(s).

Thanks again Scott!