Explain this molting behaviour please!

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Situation:
1.5cm G. pulchra sling in burrow since acquiring a few months ago and eating fine.
2 weeks ago refused food.
Laid on back for several hours.
Next day upright not really moving.
Next day back on back for a few hours.
Next day upright not really moving.
Next day back on back for a few hours.........

Explanation:

Up to you.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Not quite ready.
It knows it's coming but needs time.
Like sitting on the toilet when you have cramps.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
....upright.....
now back to being upside down.
How long does this go on for? days.....weeks....? We're talking about a small sling here. Should be done quick.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
....upright.....
now back to being upside down.
How long does this go on for? days.....weeks....? We're talking about a small sling here. Should be done quick.
I don't know.
Hopefully, it is just some weird thing.
I've had slings do this but they were usually done by the next day.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
If the explanation is up to us, my first thought is I‘d stop playing with your Star Belly Dream Lites plush animal when you go to bed, it’s obviously flipping on its back to watch the light show.

I’ve had a few T’s go on their backs like they were about to molt and then flip over. They did this about a week or so before they molted, but nothing remotely close to the extent you’ve described.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
Just keep it’s water full and substrate a little damp. Most things appreciate a little moisture when trying to crack that old skin.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
My only explanation without actually seeing it for myself.... it isn't molting behavior.
It’s still doing it. Under the substrate in its burrow. I can see it through the side. It’s on its back and moving about like its trying to molt. It has water sub is more moist.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I hope everything works out.
There is nothing more you can do.
Best of luck.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
It’s still doing it. Under the substrate in its burrow. I can see it through the side. It’s on its back and moving about like its trying to molt. It has water sub is more moist.
Maybe then on it's back to reinforce the burrow with webbing getting ready to molt is my thought

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Maybe then on it's back to reinforce the burrow with webbing getting ready to molt is my thought
It made its burrow up against the side of the enclosure. I can see its not webbing. Its just lying on its back moving its legs. We are pushing 2 weeks of this strange behaviour.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
It made its burrow up against the side of the enclosure. I can see its not webbing. Its just lying on its back moving its legs. We are pushing 2 weeks of this strange behaviour.
It does sound quite strange. Certainly not something I've observed. I'm glad you're keeping a record of this, as it could be useful to others. Please keep updating your observations, including any photos/video of this behaviour until after it moults. We could learn something from this!

Hoping your little pulchra will have a successful moult. It's certainly prepared a lot for it :)

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
It's flipped back right side up and not moving much in its burrow, will check tonight how it is......very peculiar
Funny, the other one which is the same size and acquired at the same time has never burrowed or utilized its hide at all. Its now refused food so we'll see it goes, but as for this one?????????????

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Update. No movement has not flipped on back since. Still in burrow. Unsure how to proceed. Should I attempt feeding?

Jess S

Arachnobaron
You could leave a prekilled outside more to stop you worrying than anything. Though if it's abdomen is very fat, I wouldn't bother.

I suspect it is in heavy premoult. If it was trying to moult but couldn't shed it's exuvia back when you first noticed, I personally think it would have already died by now.

Edit: you mention no movement today. Maybe take a photo at the same time over the next couple of days as you may pick up on subtle changes of position.