Experiences with and care for the genus Megaphobema

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
You can keep them at 22C solid, you can keep them at 20-23, 22-24, whatever you like. There's just a minima and a maxima you should not cross. Everything after that is your choice :)

boina

Lady of the mites
You can keep them at 22C solid, you can keep them at 20-23, 22-24, whatever you like. There's just a minima and a maxima you should not cross. Everything after that is your choice :)
I've heard from people who have successfully bread M. mesomelas that this species should not be kept above 20C (!!) IF you want to breed them. They said they are considered difficult to breed because people tend to keep them at too high temps. Males appearently become sterile when kept at too high temps.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Those people who supposedly "bred" them actually poach WC gravid females, females with sacs or just flat out steal sacs and then claim to have bred them :)

Ryanxgx95

Arachnopeon
I've never kept M. robustum at any special temps. Just room temperature, with moist substrate...no issues.
just curious. with the low temps are you less likely to get mites? because i always seem to get mites when the humidity has been high for my warm species... =/

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
just curious. with the low temps are you less likely to get mites? because i always seem to get mites when the humidity has been high for my warm species... =/
I haven't had any issues with mites with any of my tarantulas.