Expensive Tarantulas

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I understand rarity, and new T’s to the market, but some of the prices are just way too high. There are T’s out there that I really want, but I’ll wait for the price to come down before I buy one. Maybe I’m just cynical, but some are just far too overpriced for me to even consider buying them.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I understand rarity, and new T’s to the market, but some of the prices are just way too high. There are T’s out there that I really want, but I’ll wait for the price to come down before I buy one. Maybe I’m just cynical, but some are just far too overpriced for me to even consider buying them.
I agree. Some of the prices are just insane. And I guess some people are actually willing to pay that much.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I agree. Some of the prices are just insane. And I guess some people are actually willing to pay that much.
Yeah, I’m just not one of them. Especially when you factor in the amount of uncertainty. One bad molt on a sling and $300 + down the drain. No thanks. I do well for myself, could afford most T’s if I wanted them bad enough. Suppose I’m just a cheapskate ha.

cold blood

Staff member
Xenesthis species. Difficult to breed, and when they do, they have relatively small sacs. They are literally never in abundance.

Adults of very slow growing and uncommon species as well....ones like A. bicoloratum or moderatum, or B. klassi.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I generally won't buy any over $60, but I made an exception for Tliltocatl schroederi and paid $90 each for three 1.5-2" juveniles.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
everything is mad expensive here in the states :c

This is because the big websites are trying to make a living off of selling spiders, its no longer a hobby but now a business. I mean if you can afford a store front from selling spiders..... you get the picture.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have really enjoyed my Pamphobeteus spp. They're not super expensive, not like the Xenesthis spp. or a seladonia or a simoroxigorum, but they're not exactly the cheapest Ts in my collection either. My machala molted out of her (probably his) sling colors last molt, and now her femurs are an incredible magenta color. They're gorgeous as slings and gorgeous as adults too.

I've enjoyed my Theraphosa apophysis quite a bit as well, he has finally started using a burrow :happy:, but I got a screaming deal on him so it wasn't all that expensive for me.

I guess if we define "expensive" as any sling that cost me over $75, I only have five or six. I can't imagine paying for it if I didn't think it was worth it though, so I'd say they were all worth it.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
As a sneakerhead I feel like this hobby is no different if anything is the cheaper alternative for me haha