Exotics Show in B'ham, AL

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
okay, i know they have these things every month and i wondered if anyone here has gone to one.

i assume it's the same vendors ad nauseum and was hoping to see what they typically had, if they were any good, blah blah, etc.

any comments?

btw - whilst you are in the useless city of B'ham be sure to check out the awesome and totally free B'ham Botanical Gardens Japanese Gardens! :D

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've been going for a while now, and I like it. There's usually a nice selection of stuff.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I think Swifty goes to this show on occassion, so who knows what he'll have with him. You might want to not go =D depending on how bad the new addiction is... :D

Or maybe you can take a "sponcer" with you so you'll not give in to the temptations ;P

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bham show...

Swifty goes to the show every month and will be there as will I. It's not a bad show and usually has some good variety. I haven't missed one since it started and some months have better stuff than others but overall it's a good show.

And granted Bham itself isn't that great but I don't know if I would be so harsh as to lable it useless. But then again what can you expect from someone living in GA. After all you're next door to Atlanta scum capital of the south. :) And by the way you are right about the gardens they are pretty cool.

Phil

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
do they have frogs at all? :) perhaps i'll wind up going there after all, nice.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes...

Usually there are a good bit of frogs and one guy in particular usually brings juvies and tadpoles of some of the nicer looking Dendobrates.

Phil

CSP_Joe

Arachnopeon
Its not the largest show by all means, but its a fairly decent trade expo. I'm there evry now and then, if it does'nt conflict with other show dates or anything. The next one, Sept. 18th and 19th (first time as a two day show) should be pretty good. I always bring a large selection of eveything I work with, from mammals to phasmids If I work with it, it will be represented.

Joe