Exotic feeders?

Serendipity

Arachnosquire
Just curious what are the feeders being fed to Ts as well as their pros and cons. Currently my research has found the following.

Roaches(dubias, red runners, hissers etc)
Pros:
Nutritious?
Self-breeding
Quiet and relatively odorless

Cons:
Dubias may play dead/burrow
Hissers hissing make you feel bad lol

Worms(super/mealworms):
Pros:
Great feeding response
Easy to hold with tongs
Fatty

Cons:
Can get smelly
Not very nutritious?
Burrows
Might attack T

Crickets/locusts/grasshoppers:

Pros:
Great feeding response

Cons:
Smelly
Noisy
May carry parasites
May attack Ts

Frogs:

Pros:
???

Cons:
May carry nematodes

Fish:

Pros:
???

Cons:
Apparently some Ts wont eat them?
Not nutritious?

Would appreciate any additional information about these feeders or even other feeders:)

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
IMO feeding any vertebrate to a spider can result in some absolutely nasty leftovers.

I especially don't see myself feeding mice to the Tarantulas,even though i was suggested by the pet store to do so before i started the hobby. (?!)

There is a good chance that the Tarantula wont completely finish its meal of mice/frog/fish,and the decomposition of those carcasses can be nasty and attract even more nasty.
Especially if the tarantulas dump the remains in their water dish :sick:
And i wont even mention a tarantula's way of eating - external digestion then suck up the juices.

Im gonna stick to roaches and an occasional head-crushed superworm.
Roaches are easy to take care of and trigger a nice feeding response. And that's all i ask of a food.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
crickets, dubia and lateralis. I don't tong feed my Ts so I don't use meal worms. I prefer lateralis to Dubia as they don't burrow.(same with meal worms) You can head crush both but I'd rather just choose different food.