Exoterra Nano-Tall good for a C.gracilis communal?

BonnieClyde

Arachnopeon
I have a nano tall exoterra terrarium and a piece of corkbark that I sanded down as a backdrop. Would it work as a communal for my four mature Florida Bark Scorpions? I read that bark scorpions like vertical space but 8" x 8" floor space seems small, and I don't want them to start going after each other. They're currently separated. Is the trick just to keep them well fed?

Attachments

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
In my opinion, it’s too small for 4. They will often choose to hide in the same place, but they still need to be able to get away from each other when they choose to.
A 12x12x18 inch (30x30x45 cm) exo terra, or a different terrarium with a similar size or larger, would work well for 4.
Also, I would replace the screen with perforated acrylic.

BonnieClyde

Arachnopeon
In my opinion, it’s too small for 4. They will often choose to hide in the same place, but they still need to be able to get away from each other when they choose to.
A 12x12x18 inch (30x30x45 cm) exo terra, or a different terrarium with a similar size or larger, would work well for 4.
Also, I would replace the screen with perforated acrylic.
Thanks, I'll keep them separate until I come across a cheap 15 or 20 gallon. Do you have any recommendations for what would work well in the 8x8x12? I really like the cork backdrop and would love to put it to good use with an arboreal spider or scorpion.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Or a communal for smaller bark scorpion species. Tityus species (pretty potent venom), Lychas mucronatus, Lychas scutilus, small Centruroides species (vittatus, nitidus, barbudensis, baracoae...), some Uroplectes species will also make use of the hight.

And if you keep a single scorpion in it, pretty much all bark scorpion species will be alright in this size.

I would still replace the mesh with something else though.

Deathvyper6819

Arachnopeon
I’d say it’d be good for a single bark scorpion. Just make sure it’s very secure, those little devils have nothing but time to try to escape lol