Exo Terra Night Glow Bulb

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Does anyone use the above bulb, i want to get one. Are you satisfied with it? whats your opinion?

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Does anyone use the above bulb, i want to get one. Are you satisfied with it? whats your opinion?
We use a few with our treefrogs. I wanted to be able to keep them a little warm, view them at night, and not dry out the terrarium like an intense red bulb. Mounted about 4" above an 18" tall, 50watt bulb..it stays around 76 in the middle and 80 up top. I can hit it with a heat gun later to make sure. Were just starting to dip into the 30's at night so were still figuring out temps. I'm a complete newb with tarantulas, but we are expecting one next week so I'm creepin the board. I know it is said that frogs cant see red light, but the blue doesnt seem to bother them. Can tarantulas only see certain lighting? I have read that they have poor vision in general.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Im new to Ts als. Ts eyesight can tell between night and day + movement i believe. I have a red bulb myself wanted to try the Night Glo, change of pace + its more designed for exotic animals.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I use a blue one for my T's ...I figure its kinda like moonlight. They still come out and about at night I use alum. foil as a cover to sheild some of the light so they only get the warmth and about half the light.