EXO TERRA "nano".

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was at a local pet store today to get me a few slabs of cork bark, and I noticed a new(ish) size of the exo terra line up.

The "tall" version measures 8x8x12 inches. They come with a background(and maybe a light?) not sure.

There really nice looking and about the same price as getting all the supplies to make a "Robc" style enclosure.

[YOUTUBE]a1o8R9snx84[/YOUTUBE]

they had them locally for 22 bucks each.

I believe joshsfrogs has them for 35 bucks

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I got one for free. Nice little enclosure for small arboreals and juvies. They also make one with more terrestrial dimensions. I keep my avic in one of "tall" ones.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My A. Avicularia loves hers! Just make sure you cover that screen top.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ really. I was actually surprised at how cheap they were here locally. I got home and was looking at prices online(thinking they would be cheaper) and they were all more expensive.

First time I have ever saw a retail store selling something cheaper than online.:eek:

Maybe it was a special though. Either way they seemed pretty neat.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's pretty sweet. I want.

Exo-terra has recently changed the packaging in retail stores so you can only buy with a light hood, assorted fake plants, substrate, etc. All of which I don't need for my T's. Any idea if these are only available as a kit like that or can they be bought by themselves?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well it appears they come sold separate.

The one I saw in the store yesterday said it only included the background. Then later researching I found the light is separate as well.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
That's pretty sweet. I want.

Exo-terra has recently changed the packaging in retail stores so you can only buy with a light hood, assorted fake plants, substrate, etc. All of which I don't need for my T's. Any idea if these are only available as a kit like that or can they be bought by themselves?
Mine only came with the background.
Here in Canada, they're about $60:(

I say get it Cody, while the gettin's good!

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
AnTalonawd advised me to removed the screen completely and replace it with plexi or acrylic because they can get their feet(I'm not great with T anatomy yet. Forgive me.) Caught in it. I am working on a 12x12x12 exo, for a yet to be determined T. I'm thinking our GBB when it gets big because they seem to be somewhat active and it seems like the size is appropiate for a semi arboreal. You can get this size for 52.99 from joshsfrogs.com with free shipping. Their prices for show pick up if they come to your town are even better. Actually the nano is 36 on there. They're good people and a site sponsor I believe. And there is a new nano that is 8x8x8.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Btw, I've found the 12x12x12 on craigslist for $20. You just need to be quick!

Last edited:

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
Couldn't resist i bought one, a nano "tall". It's for a juvie Heteroscodra maculata that im picking up over the weekend.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine only came with the background.
Here in Canada, they're about $60:(

I say get it Cody, while the gettin's good!
I thought about it. but, honestly I dont have anything to put in them.

all my arboreals are either too small, or too big.

I do however have two A. minatrix that could be housed in them when adults.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tom,

Yeah the light is sold separate and is 21.99. at least here.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I thought about getting the light so when I want to show people my T's they can actually see them in the dark enclosures. The price was a turnoff and I didn't want an ugly cord hanging down.