EXO TERRA "nano".

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They've been around since late September 2010. (in Virginia) they're $25 a pop without the light (Pet Paradise), but include the background. The lights here are nearly $30 themselves and are easily substituted with a SunGlow Flex arm LED (About $15 a pop) (they have two sliding slats at the rear that allow for something to be slid into it). Sadly, with the included background, you lose about 1/5th of the inner volume of the enclosure. It's quite thick (about the same density of the backdrops of the much larger enclosures). I recieved quite a few of these in trade for some tarantulas en bulk and really (aside from the background) couldn't be happier. I removed the background in order to add a flat coco husk roll-out background for each.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i got mine for 20 bucks....got a golden gecko in it, a little small for him, but hes over 8 years old so...and i actually bought it to put my P. irminia in, until i realized it will turn into the most vicious T i got...

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Picked up a Nano "Tall" for $33 tonight for an A. metallica rehouse tomorrow..

Not bad and I've always liked the Exo Terra stuff just so big/bulky/costly for what we need them for but for $33 it's a great size and I won't have to fashion something for a lid/hinge/drilled plexi.

In comparison I picked up a standard 2.5g glass aquarium with a screen hood for $20 something together so they are more expensive than those but for arboreal they are easier. The 2.5g is for an ever growing A. brocklehursti that's rehoused as well tomorrow :)

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I picked up 4 of the Nano Talls today at $25 each at a show.
I have to say I really dig them. Gonna put some Taps in them tonight.

Eric

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool. I really hope one of my LPS has some of these but if they're over $35, I wouldn't buy them.. can get a bigger one at Tarantula Cages for that.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just got a few of these myself today and I'm more than impressed with them awesome size enclosures for most Avicularia, Psalmopoeus and Tapinauchenius.

Fully recommend them!!! :cool:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
It is not the airflow that scares me, it is the spider getting stuck in the mesh and losing a leg, which may result in a fall and abdomen injuries.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was just at petco on like saterday and I don't think they had these. But they do have these half moon enclosures that are supposed to be for tarantulas, I personally don't like it though.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got one at a reptile show in Sept. before they were in stores, I have an A. Avic in it, they were supposed to be sold in Petsmart or Petco according to the ExoTerra guy i talked to but I still have yet to see them near me.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My A. Avicularia loves hers! Just make sure you cover that screen top.
Dumb question here. What is the purpose of this? To escape proof the tank? Control the humidity? Thanks in advance!

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
To control the humidity. And I suppose if you replaced the mesh all together, to make it safer/control humidity. I don't see why anyone would spend $50+ on these enclosures. I got my 12x12x18 ZooMeds which seem to be the exact same thing for $30-$45 a piece. Of course that was on sale during the holidays but the regular price is still $60 which to me is still a great price for such a quality enclosure. If there is a difference between the ZooMed and Exo-Terra please enlighten me :D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To control the humidity. And I suppose if you replaced the mesh all together, to make it safer/control humidity. I don't see why anyone would spend $50+ on these enclosures. I got my 12x12x18 ZooMeds which seem to be the exact same thing for $30-$45 a piece. Of course that was on sale during the holidays but the regular price is still $60 which to me is still a great price for such a quality enclosure. If there is a difference between the ZooMed and Exo-Terra please enlighten me :D
It's smaller than the 12x12x18.

And there's really not a huge difference between the two, just slight variations in build. :D