Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Exo terra Nano Tall

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Justin Lang, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    Hey guys,
    I have a juvenile P.irminia (about 2 inches leg-span) and I am looking into enclosures for when he/she is fully grown. Someone on a tarantula facebook page told me that the exo terra nano tall (8x8x12 inches) is suitable for an adult P.irminia. That seems fairly small to me though, but this is also my first arboreal T so I could be wrong. Opinions?

2. EulersK

EulersK Arachnonomicon Staff Member

Those measurements are fine, yes. P. irminia are ghosts anyway - they don't leave the safety of their retreat very often. The only thing with Exoterras is that screen top. There's a lot of debate about those screen tops, but tarantulas can chew through them if they choose to do so. Better safe than sorry in my opinion, I'd modify it with acrylic.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok awesome thanks!

4. beaker41

beaker41 Arachnoknight

I’ve only ever seen my large terrestrials do it but a big LP or a. Genticulata will definitely tear up wire mesh.
    https://imgur.com/ZvK33oG

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.