Exo-terra Nano conversion: from arboreal to terrestrial **pic heavy**

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very creative. I was just thinking of ways to modify my 12x12x18s to increase the humidity. I just set them up recently for arboreal tarantulas I haven't purchased any Ts yet, just been monitoring the heat and humidity before I purchase.. Thanks for sharing

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Define cheap
Well, this'll be in Canadian monies. The Exo-terra was $36 at an Expo, and they've been that price for a bit now. The acrylic sheet was $40-50, but I could make 6 or 8 lids with that. Also, helpful to have the tools handy - borrow where possible. :happy:

user 666

Arachnobaron
very kool idea and nice looking conversation.......but wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to just use a 2.5gal tank with acrylic lid?

again it does look good
Or, a 5 gal tank?

What about a 10 gal tank? (which actually cost less than the Exoterra shown above)

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Plenty of glass containers are cheaper than an Exo-terra, but it makes much less of an "Exo-terra conversion thread" without using one. :p

This tank is still in use, has a top-opening lid for daily access, and a side hatch for more robust cleanings. Haven't needed the side hatch, but it's cool to know its there if I need one. Ultimately, this build is one my favs, and if I make more, they'd be fairly stackable.

I'll see about getting some updated shots.

NTtL - 020.jpg NTtL - 018.jpg

It always look like there's about 8" of free space in these shots. Those glass sides are only 8" total, so at the low point, there's 5-6" of free space, but she has a great deal of anchoring webs laid. Also, the Exo-terra brand waterdish didn't work out as such, but it's a great holder for a 3oz deli, which is easily removable.

Last edited: