Exo-Terra Glow Light Lamp

muse

Arachnopeon
has anyone used anything like this to light your enclosure: Exo-Terra Glow Light Lamp

basically it's a fixture in which you can use any incandescent light bulb up to 100w, and the inside of the fixture has glow in the dark material, so it continues to glow and provide a some residual lighting into the tank for a little while. I'm just wondering if anyone has used one, and how long the glow in the dark effects last after the light is turned off.

anyone?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well just from reading what the site says " Long lasting " so I would guess 6-8 hours, never used one.

a lot of people I know keep their setups rather simple.. :-/

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
THE RISIDUEL (oops sorry for yelling) the risiduel glow isnt strong enough to illuminate the tank very much.youll see the inside of the lamp glowing,but the enclosure will remain dark.

muse

Arachnopeon
THE RISIDUEL (oops sorry for yelling) the risiduel glow isnt strong enough to illuminate the tank very much.youll see the inside of the lamp glowing,but the enclosure will remain dark.
have you used one of these?

hail-mike

Arachnopeon
i wouldn't really worry about that, just get a regular clamp lamp; or try and go to a hardware store and look for one with a swivel neck.