Exo Terra Faunariums or breeding boxes for heavy webbing tarantulas...

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
Anyone have any success with using these for heavy webbers? I was considering moving my GBB into one but the height is worrying me a bit, they are quite shallow and I don't want to be tearing the webbing apart every time I take off the lid to do maintenance or feed...anyone have any experience using these types of enclosures for these types of species?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
They will work, I think they make a ‘flat’ version which is what you may be looking at. But the regular large has quite a bit of depth, ans the straight kritter keeper.

but either way they evolved to web, doesn’t worry about destroying anything, their feelings won’t get hurt.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
There was a member here that used them for her N. Incei when they were adults.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anyone have any success with using these for heavy webbers? I was considering moving my GBB into one but the height is worrying me a bit, they are quite shallow and I don't want to be tearing the webbing apart every time I take off the lid to do maintenance or feed...anyone have any experience using these types of enclosures for these types of species?
Yes on both. GBB will certainly give you a web cloud. Just depends on your level of comfort on this.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Standard faunariums will be fine for the most part (I keep both of my M. balfouri in them and they've not webbed the lids), flat faunariums or breeder boxes will just get completely filled with webbing.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My adult female Neoholothele incei is doing fine in a small Exo Terra Breeding Box (8" x 8" x 5.5"), as did my juvenile male GBB. They didn't web the lid too much; breaking a small amount of webbing wasn't a bit disruption to them.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I used one of the breeding boxes with the little extra door on the side of the lid, and it worked great for my OBT when he was a juvenile. I could just open the little side door and drop a cricket in without disturbing him or his webbing too much.