Excess webbing/pending eggsack?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got a G. rosea I bred with my male before shipping him off to Galeogirl. She was bred on 091902. She is quite large, although she's well fed, and I've noticed lately that she is webbing more than normal... quite a bit more than normal. Is this indicative of a pending eggsack?

Botar

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Both are definitely good signs.... Be on the lookout for a large mat of webbing. Good luck :)

Scott

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I sure hope it's a good sign. One of my rosie females has been doing the same thing but it's been a few months since she started the mat. She's really big and round in the abdomen too but man, the waiting is killin' me!

ATrax

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Its really flat out luck if you get her to produce. Grammastola are tricky like that. I had a female possibly with eggs, who was also missing a leg. She molted out, but regenerated the leg. Alls well that ends well.

-V

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, that's my main worry at this point. I'm thinking she's probably more likely to molt than produce a sac after all this time. She was actually bread almost a year ago.

Atrax

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I had bred both of my G. rosea to my male. One molted at the end of November and Looseyfur sent me his male. They've hooked up twice so I'm hoping one will produce for me.

Botar

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I heard that Rosea are seasonal layers meaning that if mated in fall they will produce in late spring. any confirmations or evidence to disprove this?

-V