Excape help quick!!!

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
on my togo starvurst excaped sometime during the night. i have checked its cage and its not in there. I need to know about how far it could have gone. and should I look high or low. also how significant is its venom realy. I mean if i do get bit should I go to the hospital?? please help any ideas would be helpfull

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I got him back in his enclosure. I was looking under my dresser and I felt something on my hand, I looked and there it was I got a bowl and put it over it. and got him back. thats an experience I don't want to repeat. I still would like to know about the venom though.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lol, got us a little worried there eh John.

I heard its highly aggressive, however shy, so they rather run than bite.

The bite is said to be painful. In other words....don't touch...

I found this out in 2 minutes trying to surf the net. People should at least try to search the net before they ask though....really.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Neo
I found this out in 2 minutes trying to surf the net. People should at least try to search the net before they ask though....really.
What is the point of forum if you aren't supposed to ask questions?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's not much technical data on the venom of Heteroscodra maculata (I'm guessing that's what you mean by "Togo Starburst") available really.
It's a safe guess that a bite from one of those would at least be very painful and systemic effects would likely follow causing more pain/discomfort for several hours after or longer. From the bite reports I have read regarding most o/w arboreals the after effects (pain, cramping etc.) of a bite can even last for months! If H. maculata venom is anything like Stromato venom, getting bit would be a nightmare. To put it in simple terms, H. maculata is pretty high on the "don't get bit" scale. ;)

Atrax

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can ask questions, but hopefully people will be more independent. Some questions you don't even need others to find for you, you can simply find it out yourself in a few minutes.

I mean questions such as, how big does this grow or something. I can find that out in less than a minute. You know things like that. Its just so obvious. Forum is for questions that the people themselves can't answer and that they TRIED to.

Okay another example is....how do i care for a rose hair T?

THink about it, there is a post out there that says Owners of Rosehair Read this...I mean. I hope you get my point. Johnny your coo so, I actually enjoy answering your question. I'm just saying. People shouldn't wait for the answer to come to them. Most of the info I needed on my jumping spiders? Other people couldn't help me, so I went out on my own and found them out myself....

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hope everyone gets my point, please don't take it personal I love answering your posts...

Well I haven't eaten yet so I'll see everyone in a bit. If only there is something TO eat....

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have done my research and I know that they have strong venom, but theres not much info on what to do if you do get bit. i havn't found any real good info on how strong the venom is and whether or not it would require medical treatment.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It don't matter how mild, even if I get stung/bitten, I'll still seek medical attention of some sort. What happens if you have an allergic reaction?

Thats off the case anyways. The poison was said to be pretty painful if you get bitten and the species was said to be shy and aggressive if need be. If you keep your hands off of it, what chances are there that you will get bitten?

I hope I don't see a post soon that says "OMG I've been BITTEN!!" By johnnyjohnjon

;P Just be careful.....later man..

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I shouldn't get bitten the only reason I was worried about it was because it was loose. and I didn't know if I would find it or if it would find me. when it crawled over my hand was the first time I have touched it

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, spider loose in the house. I got 3 spiders loose in my house that I've never found. A 4 inch king baboon, a tai zebra(free for a $60 dollar purchase), and this T I found which I never identified........

I believe its not that serious if you were ever to be bitten by a Cost Red...just hurts like hell. But still watch out for allergic reactions and stuff.

I respond fast to posts.... :D

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey JJJ what do you think of the togo speices they are i was thinking about buying a sling but havent heard anyone really talk about them does it seem like a cool spider too you or what???

Sean

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
weel I was disapointed with my first one. it didn't show any of the typical togo behaviors, now I believe that one is a featherleg, so I ordered another H. maculata. and man I am impressed with this guy, lightning fast, great colors, eats good. not really as aggressive as I thought it would be. cool T'. and my H. "longipedum" has constructed a huge burrow in only 16 hours its around two feet. it started in the front right corner burrowed straight down, then followed the wall to the back right corner, now hes allmost halfway along the back. this guy is a digging machine.