Exactly how to care for P. Metallica?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I have decided that I will be getting one of these in about 3 weeks so I have plenty of time to prepare myself on how to care for them. I think im going to keep my female GBB until the next molt, just in case she breed and I didn't see it and then decide if I wanna sell her and after that just keep a metallica or 2. Now I know these spiders are really expensive so what all do I need to know about them before I buy? What should I keep them in as a sling? Decor, humidity, feeding and anything else I should know.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
keep them exactly like P Regalis really very simple.

As a sling, a vial with a piece of cork bark or something similar, once its a little large use a bottle cap for a water dish (mist once a week or so as a sling for drinking, just dont spray the spider itself).

Once its larger you can keep it in a vertical 5.5 gallon tank as these are very large pokies, or you can go to any cage you want really so long as it finds it's food. I personally prefer just the bare minimums for most of my cages. Water dish and cork bark.

Room temp is fine, and once its an adult just a water dish is fine, maybe an occasional misting (i mist all my spiders once a month or so just as a little added moisture, i see no harm in it).

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In general you can keep them in the same way you would keep a P. regalis. They are actually quite easy to care for. I have kept mine in an arboreal setup without any special temperature or humidity controls. I make sure it has a water dish and that is about it as far as the humidity goes. Mine has done quite well over the years.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Didn't you already made a post about this? Excited aren't you? I can't blame you... Good Luck!

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol, im going to blame it on the pain medicine. I had my dental surgery so I wasn't in the right state of mind!