Ew! Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwww!!!

FilliamHMuffman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I went to the local pet store last night to get some crickets because my B Dubia colony is all out of tiny guys. I get there ... no crickets. Until next Thursday.

Now, I know none of these guys are going to starve in the next week or so, but still, I'd like to feed them. I'd heard that they'll eat a half a B Dubia, all I have to do is tear them in half.

So I did. And ...

EW!!!! *vomits a little in my own mouth* That is just about the most disgusting thing I have ever done in my entire friggin life! EWWWWWW!

So basically, I fed the more aggressive slings a slightly-too-large roach with a mushed head, and the tiny guys just aren't going to eat for a few days.

BLECH!!!!!

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't you love it when you give them a little twist and it squirts you in the face...mmmmm....haha! ;P

xjak3yx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
erhh... i think im gna have to cut up a cricket 4 my new sling.. hope it isnt as bad

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am still feeding one of my T's by hand and gave up the bludgeoning to death. Freezing is definitely the way to go before the big squish AND then into the mortar and pestle! Nothing like a cricket smoothie! mmmmm

(Also good on Chinese food instead of those crunchy noodles):eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am still feeding one of my T's by hand and gave up the bludgeoning to death. Freezing is definitely the way to go before the big squish AND then into the mortar and pestle! Nothing like a cricket smoothie! mmmmm

(Also good on Chinese food instead of those crunchy noodles):eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
Ever since I got a cricket leg in my milkshake at Jack in the Box when I was in high school, I just can't even think about eating bugs. Those spur thingies on the legs gag going down (which is how I discovered the cricket let!)

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i cut up b. lateralis for my slings.

i've found males to be a lot less gooey than females. {D

FilliamHMuffman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good news! One of my B Dubias had some babies. I went to go put some more water gel in my tank to find a bunch of perfectly sized babies for my spiders, so I got to crushing some heads and gently placing them in the different tanks. Of course, right now I have 3, or possibly up to 6, in pre-molt, and of those we have two Brachys and a Grammy, so it could be a while before they eat.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im glad for you!

roaches, when cut/popped/torn/etc have the most awful smell.

-dan-