Everyone moved...

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Just got done moving three of the four new T's. The pinktoe is in her same container, just cleaned house a bit. Old molt (too brittle to tell anything about) cleaned out, some fresh substrate. She got right down in the water and drank, too. Hoping she will eat here in a bit.

The juv OBT gave no trouble at all. Was in a heavily webbed deli cup. Opened with long tongs, gently pulled... spider stayed in cup. Left that there a few, then popped the lid and gently tipped cup over. She went right into her new log hide. Cup out, clean transfer. Same with Mystery Gal. Tipped cup over, gently pulled on webbing... spider reached down into new habitat. Done.

Mae West... I'm in love. We put a big tupperware over her, scooted the lid under her toes one at a time. I thought what I had taken for her home would be big enough, but no. So the OBT got that, meaning Mae West had to come out. Well, she sat quietly in her upsidedown tupperware while we rearranged, moved, and furnished her new home. Put container in, lifted off top. And she sat there. A gentle prod w/ paintbrush did not move her. I stroked her, even tried to pinch-pick her up... she lifted the lid with her. A few minutes of gently moving her toes and stroking her and she carefully walked off. No muss, no fuss, quiet as can be. She has a big new log hide, and she likes her water dish...caught her sitting in the old one this morning.

Will post pix asap.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
So here are some better pix. Mae West is huge and lovely. (Earthtiger, Cyriopagopus thorelli)

The pinktoe is "Moji-Toes". Now moved to an upright plastic kitchen jar, with the flip lid, well vented and with her cork bark moved. She's hanging near the top at the moment, fat and sassy.

The slings are all doing just fine. Checked on all the OBTs. All moved save one, who is deep in a hide. But there is fresh webbing. So I am not concerned.

The newer slings are all great too!

Max is the baby pinktoe.

Here's Flibbertigibbit, before he/she webbed in a curtain for a hide.

And silly me. Look what Petco had today. Of course she had to come home with me. The two guys there were afraid to even open the cage. The gal tried, but she was scared to touch the T (and she owns a rosy!!!). I ended up going in back, trying to move the T to a better handling position, and gently putting her in a betta cup. She was a bit nervous about being handled, but has settled down fine. Her name is Mary Rose (yes, I do RenFaires...)

The count is now 16...

Marga

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Glad everything went ok! I LOVE that baby Avic, they're so precious!

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice.. Mae (C. thorelli) is such a beautiful color :)

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Very nice.. Mae (C. thorelli) is such a beautiful color :)
I'm totally in love with this big gal. She was quite docile getting her moved (as you can see, she posed for pix with the lid and pencil) and even let me touch her. She's started a bit of webbing on her big hide right now. I love looking at all my pretty Ts in their homes!

Thanks!

Marga