Everybody's moulting!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I started opening enclosures to feed and water everyone today and noticed that three of my four L. parahybanas had shed during the night. The E. rufescens, C. brachycephalus, G. rosea, Chilobrachys sp. "Asian Smokey", and a few of the B. albopilosum spiderlings shed, too. Only the baby G. rosea had problems, it lost a back leg about midway down. Everyone ate just fine and they look good. The E. rufescens really added some length. It's noticeably larger than before.

I also noticed that my 3" B. smithi and 2.5" T. blondi are showing signs of upcoming moults.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dang Galeogirl,

Everyone was coming out of their skin last night. It must have been fun seeing all those molts.

Except the Rosie.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
mine are starting to molt as well. They all turned really dark yesterday, it happens so suddenly at this size yay!!!

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope to someday have enough tarantulas that they will be moulting daily.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
holley.....you talking about the curlies?...i noticed one of mine was looking kinda darker all over...like it was turning brown or something....is this sign of impending moult and not just a patch on the abdomen?
anyway i fed them last night and everybody ate something so maybe no moults for a day or two at least anyway...
are these guys ok to moult in their tiny little burrows they built?? i assume the sling knows for sure....i look with a flashlight and some of them dont look like there would be enough room in the burrow for a moult...they kinda crammed in there if ya know what i mean...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
LOL Kosh...don't worry about them :D
Yes, I meant the curlies. I have about 12 of them kept communally, and even they are starting to molt, and they are crammed in the burrows TOGETHER!
I wonder how long my little experiment will last, however!

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No fair!

Hey! No fair! You guys have a whole bunch of Ts, and they're all moulting. I only have one, and I want him to moult, and he just stays pre-pubescent. It's not fair, I tell's ya!
Paul

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Of course, Rookie...that is the best excuse for getting more LOL!
Didn't you know that by now?!!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally I use the cost of feeders as my justification for buying more ts. "But, honey, it will be so much more economical if I can buy crickets/mealworms/waxworms in bulk!"