Everybody, please read-good stuff here...

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

man that is really depressing, i need to start breeding t's, i will so pissed if pecilotherias become extinct in the wild...besides all the others too.--Jeff

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for digging up that page, Lariz. I didn't mean to depress anyone with it, but it's the main intent of my site and it gets hardly any traffic for some reason.
Please, please, please captive breed those beautiful pokies, folks!

-Garrick

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

when i finaly do make a wholesale oreder i'll make sure at least half if not all of them are different pokies, why not?, they do rock , i mean who doe'snt like em, and who dares say they don't--Jeff

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
So depressing - even more so because although I (and I am sure many others here) try to do all of the things that are suggested for making a change, the truth is there really are too many people and too many of them just don't give a crap about anything except the pursuit of the dollar.
I especially loved his comment about checking the web for birth control to keep from bringing more unplanned humans into this world. That is one of my personal pet peeves - I become so angry with the idiots that just keep pumping out kid after kid with no reguard for the childs welfare or the impact on society. A good example is a 23 year old girl I used to work with. She was so "mentally challanged" that the only things she could remember how to do from day to day were breathe, eat, smoke, drink and screw every loser on the planet. She ends up with some idiot who is waiting to do his time for selling cocaine. He moves in with her, takes her new car, runs up her credit card to $9,000 getting cash advances, od's and ends up in the hospital, and is going to the strip joints all the time - but she says "I love him, even though it's only 4 inches". All of us tried to set her strait and all she would say is "I don't want to hear it, you aren't saying what I want to hear" So, she ends up pregnant, keeps smoking because "I hope it makes the baby smaller so labor is easier" and drinks "only wine because that's safe". They ended up having to induce labor because her body was obviously not smart enough to know to push the kid out and it was a 9 pound boy LOL - so much for the smoking idea. But, anyway, the moral of this story is that the world is full of people like her and therefore the environment and our beloved tarantulas are ultimately doomed. It is so depressing it makes me cry.

Gail

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Garrick
Thanks for digging up that page, Lariz. I didn't mean to depress anyone with it, but it's the main intent of my site and it gets hardly any traffic for some reason.
Please, please, please captive breed those beautiful pokies, folks!
-Garrick
Hey, no problem. Eight is a great site that conveys how important it is to realize the plight of Poecilotheria and why CITES may not be a good choice to help this species.
Captive breeding Poecilotheria sure couldn't hurt, huh? In 2000, my female Poec. rufilata produced 73 (if I remember right) wonderful spiderlings. Everybody's sick of hearing it :) , but it was a great acheivement for me. Recently, I think Todd Gearheart has produced more P. rufilata.
john
*pictured is Poecilotheria rufilata in eclosion. Postembryo to 1st instar.

Attachments

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by LaRiz
Hey, no problem. Eight is a great site that conveys how important it is to realize the plight of Poecilotheria and why CITES may not be a good choice to help this species.
Captive breeding Poecilotheria sure couldn't hurt, huh? In 2000, my female Poec. rufilata produced 73 (if I remember right) wonderful spiderlings. Everybody's sick of hearing it :) , but it was a great acheivement for me. Recently, I think Todd Gearheart has produced more P. rufilata.
john
*pictured is Poecilotheria rufilata in eclosion. Postembryo to 1st instar.
John! AWESOME!

Joy

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joy, thanks!
That last time we talked on the phone, we talked a little about this particular breeding. I have a female that's around 6 inches from that "clutch". I hope she's like momma, very BIG!