Ever seen a T play dead?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_0447.JPG IMG_0446.JPG IMG_0445.JPG I never have! Not until tonight. Picked up this little B. smithi tonight. The wife let me go into Petco by myself with the boys. Oops. Haha.

Anyways. I was getting the little booger out of the insanely inappropriate container it was in. I got it on the lid to its new home and the little dude just flips over on its back and lays there. Lol. It's not premolt. So it wasn't trying to molt. It just flopped on its back legs in the air and laid there. Then, poof, it got back up and was at it again. Haha.

Anyways. Here is my newest addition today. A half scrawny little popcorn fart of a B. smithi. Got to fatten this one up real good.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No, but I've witnessed a few Paruroctonus boreus scorplings and adults do it though.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
My "fainting" MM chalcodes came out from hiding a couple of days ago. I have him housed apropriately at present and munching on the beloved local brown beetles to recover from his extended walkabout around the house, but I am going to investigate to see if he does it again tomorrow. Problem is he's a bolter and a real speed demon, so I'm going to have to be careful about taking him out or he'll be under the furniture again! :sour:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it was really neat. It was running around in the little container and when I was trying to get it out. The it just flipped on its back and sat there. I tilted the lid a little and it slid towards my and and it just got up and was off again.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Yup a few times.. H.minax and few OBT.. Posted about it in Doveys fainting chalcodes thread..