ever seen a 4"mature male p.rufilata?

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi my Poecilotheria rufilata molted is now 4".he looks like he has male parts but i don't see the hooks.i thought they got up to 8".may be i am just seeing things.it can't be a male.ever seen a 4"mature male p.rufilata?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They don't have hooks so you would not see them. 4" huh..... that is kinda small. But anythings possible maybe he's a runt. How long you had him? And was he stretched out when you measured? How are you measuring?

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i will post pic in a hour .i have had him for 7 or 8 months.he was stretched out flat.i am measuring from the back leg to the front leg with a tape measure.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i had one about 4inches as an adult male,he lived with another male for a couple months until he matured at about 7inches then i seperated.They looked alot different to one another,ive also heard that there maybe 2 forms of P.rufilata too

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i had one about 4inches as an adult male,he lived with another male for a couple months until he matured at about 7inches then i seperated.They looked alot different to one another,ive also heard that there maybe 2 forms of P.rufilata too

Would you happen to have a picture of the 2 side by side? I would love to see it.

Steph

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
crap picture but can see the difference,think i might have got the sizes alittl wrong looking at it now but you can definetly see the difference.

Shot with FinePix A400 at 2007-07-09

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i can't load any more pics its full.how do you empty the photos?only one i got .you can see the white spots they haven't turned black yet.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
emboli ???
Thats the sexual organs that develope at the end of his palps when mature. He has them meaning he is mature for sure.

As for your photos, go to photobucket.com.....its free and you can put as many pics as you want on there and then past them into threads on here.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats the sexual organs that develope at the end of his palps when mature. He has them meaning he is mature for sure.

As for your photos, go to photobucket.com.....its free and you can put as many pics as you want on there and then past them into threads on here.
ya i thought he was :wall: .thanks

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can you get a better picture of the palps? I think hes mature but the more I look at that picture I can't tell. You would know better then us cause you are there, at the end of the palps does it look like this?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Use the img code, its the last code you can copy below a picture that you add to photobucket. That will paste the picture directly onto the thread.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yikes that picture is bad no offense, but I think hes mature. Got any females?