Ever dropped a sling's container?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I was getting ready to feed my lp slings and I for some reason picked up both of their plastic containers (they were stacked) at the same time. As I was sitting down on the floor, the container on the top off and flipped upside down! I freaked out and turned it right side up and see the poor thing freaking out as well. I took it into my hand carefully and checked it out, and besides being jittery, it seemed ok. The box fell about 6 inches or so, and there was maybe 3/4" above it inside the box. The box has about an inch of eco earth that was pretty dry. I am hoping it will be ok, but I am definitely worried. Has anyone ever had any experiences like this? I learned a good lesson about paying attention and not rushing when I am doing ANYTHING with my t's.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i dropped my B albo enclosure the other day, its a 11x4 plastic container. it fell upside down, the T was on the bottom so it ended up on top of the eco earth. it came out just fine

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The friend who helps me feed all the T's used to drop them and knock them over all the time. She's a klutz.

Never a casualty, though.

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dropped ( oops )

That would not be the first or last T ever dropped. It happens and 99% of the time the T is ok and we walk away with the understanding that that was stupid. Live and learn , just try to not do it again.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol, mine wasn't a "oops" it was a "Awww f$@%". The acrylic containers look great, but are not made to stack. Lesson learned. And if the sling lives (I hope it does) I will name it Geronimo. :)

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dropped one from about 5', and have dropped a shoebox filled with a dozen slings in deli cups from about the same. No injuries at all.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had slings in deli containers flip over, but my worst drop was a G Rosea(about 2"), was moving a different container and knocked it's critter keeper over, it fell 4-5 feet but the T was alright

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not that its ok to ever be careless with slings, but they are much more resilient to falls than full grown adults.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a C. Fasciatum that i took over to a neighbors house because their kid is into insects. While i was holding onto the KK, being outside, another kid decided to kick a soccer ball, and wouldn't you know it, it went right towards the KK and knocked it out of my hands five feet onto the concrete driveway. Needless to say, it's been several months and molts later and she is doing great.

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Today I grabbed my two sling containers that were stacked on top of each other. The top container fell, bounced on my thigh and then rolled down my leg right in front of an awaiting cat that proceeded to bat the container around. In a panic I almost dropped the other one, luckly the sling seems to be doing great for someone that just came out of the spin cycle {D

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Today I grabbed my two sling containers that were stacked on top of each other. The top container fell, bounced on my thigh and then rolled down my leg right in front of an awaiting cat that proceeded to bat the container around. In a panic I almost dropped the other one, luckly the sling seems to be doing great for someone that just came out of the spin cycle {D
Lmao! Geronimo seems to be doing fine, and is eating well as usual. I now make sure I pick up the containers one at a time and pay attention to what I am doing.