Even Oklahoma has its Down Days

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Catch of the day was unfortunately roadkill. What kind of lizard does I gots here? (and I already know it's a dead one)

Then just two more pics - one of a turkey feather and one of my dad standin next to the car

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Catch of the day was unfortunately roadkill. What kind of lizard does I gots here? (and I already know it's a dead one)
Eastern Collared Lizard (Crotaphytus collaris)

Too bad you just got a pic of a DOR. Did you see any around the refuge?

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
It's a collared lizard Crotaphytus collaris. What a pity, they are cool lizards.

Edit: Doh! Should have previewed, I got beat to the punch by a minute or so!

Last edited:

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First one I've seen. But I've been doing some searching on-line - and it turns out this lizard is Oklahoma's state reptile

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First one I've seen. But I've been doing some searching on-line - and it turns out this lizard is Oklahoma's state reptile
Yep. Supposed to be pretty abundant in the Wichita Mountains as well. Like Tim said, they're really cool lizards.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool - You know, as many times as I go out there, I still find or see something new almost every darn time.

Who knows. Maybe one of these days I'll score the big prize and see one of the mountain lions that are known to be around - tho they stay mostly way back in the part of the refuge off limits to the general public

Now that would be a catch!