Even more substrate?

Ogut

Arachnopeon
Hello,
now there is a rare sight - my T. Vagan spread out on the walls of her enclosure. Now that I saw that I wasn't sure if a drop from this high is dangerous for her (about a week ago I put in more substrate to fill the enclosure by about 2/3).
I the provided a picture so you can see her. She is around 5.5cm big and max drop is ca 8.5cm.
20200328_112955.jpg

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No you domt need more substrate. that looks good. A good rule is that if the spider suts on the side of the enclosure with legs fully stretched out and the tip of the front leg reach the lid and the tip of the back leg reach the substrate, there is enough substrate. Usally i have little less than this

Thekla

Arachnoprince
A good rule is that if the spider suts on the side of the enclosure with legs fully stretched out and the tip of the front leg reach the lid and the tip of the back leg reach the substrate, there is enough substrate.
Yes, that's a good rule I go by as well, but it's not what the picture is showing. ;)

@Ogut Could you post a picture of the entire enclosure? I would probably add a bit more substrate to be on the safe side. :)

Ogut

Arachnopeon
Yes, that's a good rule I go by as well, but it's not what the picture is showing. ;)
I think I should add a little more then, she is still outside so removing her should not be a problem.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer

@Ogut Could you post a picture of the entire enclosure? I would probably add a bit more substrate to be on the safe side. :)
Isnt that the rim if the lid you see just above the tarantulas leg?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Isnt that the rim if the lid you see just above the tarantulas leg?
Well, from what I see there's at least 1/2x DLS of the T of space between the leg and the rim. So yes, personally, I'd fill in a bit more substrate... wouldn't hurt, would it? ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think I should add a little more then, she is still outside so removing her should not be a problem.
General recommendation is no more than 1.5x their DLS, sub to lid distance.

An example, I keep all my AFs in ExoTerra Breeder boxes they don't have fall damage.