Evarcha sp. - The Terminator - Need some ID

ThiagoMassa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Paul,
The caranguejeiras are all the Mygalomorphae but the ones wich people like to keep are the Theraphosid, couse of their size and resistance in captivity. (So, the tarantulas are inserted in the caranguejeiras group). I din´t know that this name caranguejeiras was so "general" as that, I thought it was one species or one gender of them. Mygalomorphae is what taxonomy level?

Crab is "o caranguejo", caranguejeira is a variation in the language for caranguejo.

Brazil is NOT open for trade on the wild species, I don´t know about the species in captivity... really don´t know.

Oh, when you said, "Sounds on the "a aranha que gira teia de circlular fora do chão", sounds very beautiful! "Um projeto interessante de crânio!"' What did you mean? hahahahahhahahahhahaahahahahahaha
Sorry, I didn´t understand that... ;)

Obrigado!
Massa

Last edited:

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by ThiagoMassa
Paul,
The caranguejeiras are all the Mygalomorphae but the ones wich people like to keep are the Theraphosid, couse of their size and resistance in captivity. (So, the tarantulas are inserted in the caranguejeiras group). I din´t know that this name caranguejeiras was so "general" as that, I thought it was one species or one gender of them. Mygalomorphae is what taxonomy level?

Crab is "o caranguejo", caranguejeira is a variation in the language for caranguejo.

Brazil is NOT open for trade on the wild species, I don´t know about the species in captivity... really don´t know.

Oh, when you said, "Sounds on the "a aranha que gira teia de circlular fora do chão", sounds very beautiful! "Um projeto interessante de crânio!"' What did you mean? hahahahahhahahahhahaahahahahahaha
Sorry, I didn´t understand that... ;)

Obrigado!
Massa
Mygalomorphae is an arachnid infraorder/suborder.

So when you say "variation of" is that slang? (a gíria?)

Does the "NOT open for trade" include invertebrates such as centipedes and other invertebrates, and fish? I've heard of discuss fish and centipedes coming out of Brasil.

What I meant was that I found it interesting that the spider has a skull design on it, lol!

It's very interesting that you have variations in Portuguese, very much like English!

Sinceramente o seu!

:D

Paul

ThiagoMassa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I say variation I mean a word from a root word. Lets take "fish" as root word for example, so you have fishing, fisherman, fishery, fishmonger, fishnet... understand? In portuguese fish is "peixe" so we have "pesca" (fishing), "pescador"(fisherman), "peixaria" (fish store), "peixeiro"(man who sells the fish), "pesqueiro" (boat for fishing)...
But the words, as you can see does not have the root words entirely shown, they´re fused with the rest of the word. Or the root word is substituted by its latin original word. It´s quite complicated. But the word caranguejeira does not have any other meaning but that "frightning" spider. (as it´s seen by the natives)
About the boarders on Brazil, we don´t have enough people to take care of them, so many of these animals coming from Brazil are illegaly imported. I´ve seen many times at the TV the "cops" (army and people who takes care of the Brazilian fauna) arresting people for illegal trade of those animals. HUGE amounts of animals, such as river fishes, birds and reptiles being apprehended are replaced on they're places. The "pet industry" in Brazil is very "profitfull" (you earn very much money) but its risky couse its illegal. Once again, I don´t know about the trade of animals in captivity... But be sure that if you find an animal comming from Brazil, without an identification chip on ring or mark, it has been "stolen" from us, i mean it´s not legal. But once out of the country, there´s nothing to be done from us, all we can do is to find the dealer and arrest him. When we import something, as snakes and ferrets, they are sterile, so they can´t reproduce here. Many species are about to be extinguished becouse of exportation and internal illegal trades as well.
I´ll try to get more formal info about this, anyway, hope it helps.

hugs
Massa

Last edited:

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Massa,

As saudações!

That's very interesting about the various root words! It causes me to remember some of french/spanish I have taken in school.

I forget if I mentioned this, but my spanish teacher in college was portuguese. Very interesting lady!

It sounds like they only bother the people with large amounts of animals. Do they bother the people with small numbers of animals? Just curious.

What kind of an identification mark are you talking about?

It's very sad that mankind is causing the extinction of species because of his greed and selfishness!

Os abraço!

Paul

ThiagoMassa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Paul,

Well, like the drug market, the amimals market are illegal and people allways find a way to transportate small, medium, big and huge amounts of these... If they catch you with small numbers of animals, you can be arrested or just forced to let your pets inside the country and even pay a tax (like a penalty) for having this animals in your possession.

On the id marks, they are the information from the legal pet traders. Tells where it comes from (what farms). I don´t know exactly how they do it, and it depends on the kind of animal. I know about rings in the birds legs, chips in snakes and reptiles, but all of this about importation and internal market. I know nothing about legal exportation. Personally I've never heard of brazilian animals for exportation, only some kind of fishes...
Sorry, I don´t have the official info about it.

Cordialmente,
Massa

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's okay, Massa. We need to get your country to open up it's borders for some captive breeding trade somehow!

Are there permits you can get there to do captive breeding of any kind?

I was also wondering, are there army ants in your area? I was reading about how some army ants in south america and central america invade houses and rid them of "pests".

Best wishes,

Paul

ThiagoMassa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry paul, don´t know about those permits and about the army-ants, i mean, don´t know the translation...
I have many different kinds of ants in my house, some are little (1mm long) and others are big (5mm to 1,5 cm long). The little ones use to be at the kitchen and they eat everything they see and the other ones, I´ve never seem them eating but i´ve never pay attention on those ants, all I know is that they´re nocturnal and drink much water, from the toilet... And they walk over me when I´m slleping. That´s not frequent, but it´s terrible!
The little ones I see becouse sometimes, at the breakfest, when i´m going to eat some food of the day before, there they are. And making fruit juices, as they stay on the sugar, frequently we see them floating on the juice.
Personally I don´t mind, I use to eat them too! Really! haha LOL!

hugs
Massa

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Massa,

That's okay!

Ants such as Eciton genus.

That's funny, one of my earliest memories is of eating ants! Carpenter ants, not very tasty! lol!

Around here there are sugar ants and fire ants. While I've only actually seen a queen fire ant, I'm very glad they're not around this particular area that I live in! The sugar ants are everywhere here and live in the walls of some houses, coming out to raid during the night and the day. There's a constant ant march going on leading from the ground outside up one story into the walls.

You can set poisons but there are so many of them, they just keep coming back!!

Best wishes,

Paul