Euthycaleus

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Has anyone here had experience with euthycaleus? seem like a fun genus to keep and an opportunity for me to try it is closing

Cemykay

Arachnosquire
I just bought a colonica and am also on the search for informations. Would be great if someone has some husbandry advice.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I just bought a colonica and am also on the search for informations. Would be great if someone has some husbandry advice.
Judging from reddit images they pretty much spend their whole lives as slings. Large deli cup and dirt with a small hide...

omni

Arachnobaron
quick, but relatively calm genus. you'd enjoy E. norea, but colonica are cuter, more leggy and possibly more flicky I have heard. I had a norea M. they look like really mini L. parahybana haha. I'd like a colonica myself, but I don't see them often. both are from the same regions of Venezuela tho norea is also in Columbia, so probably the same habitats. no special needs really, they tolerate room temps and humidity fine.
if you really want a special Euth, save up and jump at the chance if E. amandae makes it into the hobby ( $)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
quick, but relatively calm genus. you'd enjoy E. norea, but colonica are cuter, more leggy and possibly more flicky I have heard. I had a norea M. they look like really mini L. parahybana haha. I'd like a colonica myself, but I don't see them often. both are from the same regions of Venezuela tho norea is also in Columbia, so probably the same habitats. no special needs really, they tolerate room temps and humidity fine.
if you really want a special Euth, save up and jump at the chance if E. amandae makes it into the hobby ( $)
Same they seem pretty rare over here. The E.c. are quite pretty.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
E. colonica seem to be getting much easier to find.

I have only kept slings/juvies for a little while, ans have been keeping them similarly to N. incei. I beleive i heard they get comparable in size to incei as well.

IME they are pretty reclusive slings. Not too webby but they web a little, and they make shallow burrows/hides. Almost always in their burrow, but food disappears and when i do catch them out they seem to be growing quickly.

I plan to get some females in soon-ish (pending the end of this toilet paper apocalypse) and am hoping one of my specimens will mature male so i can have a shot at breeding them.