Eupalaestrus weijenberghi! I would love to learn more about them and the E. campestratus!

tinyninjaTy

Arachnopeon
HI! Newbie to this hobby!

Only been a keeper for a month now (but have been keeping goldfishes for 10+ years). I currently have a G. pulchra 3/4 and G. pulchripes 1/2 and I'm enjoying every moment!

I'm looking to add few more species to my collection. After some time, I have finally landed the E. weijenberghi and the E. campestratus! While there is a lot more information on the PZB, there is not a lot on the E. weijenberghi!

I only have one question about the E. weijenberghi! What is the lifespan of this beautiful but yet mysterious species?

I found one old thread that says female lives to be 10-15 years? But Jon3800 on youtube says they live for a very long time about 25-30 years.

I am going to the expo in Mississauga in September and will be looking to pick up these species from Tarantula Canada, so if anyone has either the E. campestratus or the E. weijenberghi please chime in! I would love to hear from you on your experience with them or any tips/advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you so much! =)

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
What's a PZB?

Both species are nothing special in terms of husbandry. Dry substrate with a full waterdish and overflow from time to time. One of the slowest growing genera

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
What's a PZB?
A pink zebra beauty apparently.

tinyninjaTy

Arachnopeon
What's a PZB?

Both species are nothing special in terms of husbandry. Dry substrate with a full waterdish and overflow from time to time. One of the slowest growing genera
Yes, I should have wrote E. campestratus instead of PZB. Thank you for your knowledge and tip! I appreciate it! =)

tinyninjaTy

Arachnopeon
A pink zebra beauty apparently.
Yes, thank you for clarifying! =) I should have wrote that instead lols.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
That's awesome! I will be heading straight to Tarantula Canada's booth at the expo! Maybe I'll pick up 2 E.weijenberghi... still debating. =)
I visit their shop regularly lol

Their awesome but you need to be super patient about their growth

tinyninjaTy

Arachnopeon
I visit their shop regularly lol

Their awesome but you need to be super patient about their growth
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind =) I have plans on adding more to my collection! But who knows how many I'll end up buying at the expo.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
HI! Newbie to this hobby!

Only been a keeper for a month now (but have been keeping goldfishes for 10+ years). I currently have a G. pulchra 3/4 and G. pulchripes 1/2 and I'm enjoying every moment!

I'm looking to add few more species to my collection. After some time, I have finally landed the E. weijenberghi and the E. campestratus! While there is a lot more information on the PZB, there is not a lot on the E. weijenberghi!

I only have one question about the E. weijenberghi! What is the lifespan of this beautiful but yet mysterious species?

I found one old thread that says female lives to be 10-15 years? But Jon3800 on youtube says they live for a very long time about 25-30 years.

I am going to the expo in Mississauga in September and will be looking to pick up these species from Tarantula Canada, so if anyone has either the E. campestratus or the E. weijenberghi please chime in! I would love to hear from you on your experience with them or any tips/advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you so much! =)
E. campestratus used to be high on my list. It has some nice leg striping but not overwhelmingly leg striping.

IMO they are sought for:
1. Not abundant, at least in the U.S.
2. Generally extremely docile, unless you get one that's not.

Like @Marcostaco stated...very slow growers. Not sure if they are as slow growing as G. pulchra or slower, not sure.

tinyninjaTy

Arachnopeon
E. campestratus used to be high on my list. It has some nice leg striping but not overwhelmingly leg striping.

IMO they are sought for:
1. Not abundant, at least in the U.S.
2. Generally extremely docile, unless you get one that's not.

Like @Marcostaco stated...very slow growers. Not sure if they are as slow growing as G. pulchra or slower, not sure.
Thank you for replying! I am very lucky to find a few slings for sale here in Canada =) I'm hoping to pick up a few at the expo coming up. Yes, I've heard how slow growing they are! Which I'm completely fine with, lols. That just means I'll have more space to add to my collection!