• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Eupalaestrus campestratus

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hello.

Here are the details of the Eupalaestrus campestratus (Pink Zebra Beauty) Breeding session.

Species:
Eupalaestrus campestratus (Pink Zebra Beauty)

Date Bred:
12-01-2005 @ 6:00 PM

Conditions:
81 Degrees F & 60% Ambient Humidity

Species Details:
Female details: Adult 5"
Male details: Adult 4"

Pairing
The males enclosure was placed next to the females. Once the lids were opened. I prodded him to walk upwards and into her enclosure. He continued to walk up and down the enclosure wall until resting on the substrate of the female. He instantly picked up on her presence. The twitching and drumming started and then he walked asround a bit. He kept walking and passed her burrow. He went around the burrow and due to vibrations on the back of the burrow....she must have sensed him and walked slightly out of her burrow. He was coming around on the left side of her when she sensed his presence. They both dummed and the breeeding started. There were about 4 insertions.

Once finished, I took the male out and placed him into his enclosure for future attempts.

Breeding: Successful

Here are some pics for viewing:

omni

Arachnobaron
First attempt 9/08/07 - Unsuccessful

Female 5.75" LCF, Male 5" DCF
Ambient temp: 75deg F.
Measured humidity: 70.8%
Setting: female's 10gal tank in quiet, darkened room.
Male matured 7/27/07

Male transferred to small KK for sharktanking into the Fem's tank for 2hrs after observing two spermwebs made 2 days previous. Substrate from the Fem's tank was placed in M's tank a week before. Male was placed in her tank and some drumming was observed. Lid of the KK was removed. Male ceased drumming and did not leave the enclosure. After an hour of constant observation neither had moved. After 1 more hour of frequent observation, female had turned to face the male, but had not approached, nor had the male even moved. Male's enclosure was then removed and he was rehoused.

Female has since been observed climbing and roaming her tank. She has been fed 4 crickets since the attempt. Male has made 3 spermwebs since, roams his tank almost constantly, and will be introduced again tonight for a longer period.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
E. campestratus Successful

Paired 7/16/13

2/2/14 - 970 1st instars
3/5/14 - 347 2nd instars
3/30/14 200ish 3rd instars

Bought both of these at the same size roughly, so when the male matured at 4" I figured the female wouldn't be ready. I had them in a divided 10 gallon and the male was relentless about trying to get next door , eventually losing a leg during his escape attempt. I decided to give him his shot and cohabitated them for two days 7/16/13, on the second day she gobbled him. I couldn't get any observable inserts so didn't think much of it.
The female ate well for the next month or so then buried herself deep and didn't come out until mid January '14. Her abdomen was back to a normal size so I rehoused her on 2/2/14 and found the sac, about the size of a 50 cent piece.

Inside I found 970 eggs with/ without legs.

3/5/14 2nd instars - 347 alive

3/30/14 3rd instars - currently 154 seperated about 50 more still molting