Eupalaestrus campestratus sack problem...

Black Label Invertebrates

ArachnoCore
Old Timer
A while back...(about 3-4 months ago probably) I purchased a Eupalaestrus campestratus from my LPS... She didn't appear gravid to me, but this morning I woke up and noticed she had started to lay a sack. I saw her hovering over a yellow pool...After I got home from work later today, I immediately went to go check on her. I think she rolled it up wrong >.> lol. It's oblong shape (kinda like a turd :p) and covered in dirt. I'll post pics ASAP.

Do you guys think the sack is even fertile? She is most likely WC, all T's at this LPS are WC as far as I know. What are the odds of any eggs surviving (if they are fertilized) in the "sacks" current condition???

Any input is appreciated :D

-StatutoryGraped

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes...

They are strangely shaped, like Cheeto's :razz:

LMK how develops.......GL

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They're covered in dirt because they were laid in dirt...meaning the female put the web down on dirt, and the dirt stuck to it. No big deal.

Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it's fertile or not. Just let her hang on to it for a while, do a little research regarding how long until you would want to (if you choose to) pull it, and proper incubation of the eggs if you do.

Good luck.

Black Label Invertebrates

ArachnoCore
Old Timer
She actually abandoned the "mess" lol. It started to give off a wonderful odor, so i removed it :barf:. I don't think she laid enough web to make it correctly T.T...at least I know she's female now :D