eupalaestrus campestratus enclosure

handfulofspiders

Arachnopeon
recently bought an e. campestratus sling and wanted to know some husbandry tips? i really love the little guy and wanna make sure i’m doing everything right

he’s about an inch or so, keeping him in one of those betta fish cups they sell at petco. he’s started to dig under his water dish after also shoving dirt into it, i’ve seen debates on whether water dishes are okay for slings this size or not? like people saying they lost slings due to drowning, so i just ignored it for the time being when i misted the sub this morning (i can’t imagine such a tiny spider being able to drown itself with surface tension and all that, but what do i know)
i’ve had him for 2 weeks, i’ve kept him pretty dry, only dampening the sub when it’s totally dried out. i must’ve not done it very much the first time cause as i mentioned i did it this morning too 🤔

is there anything i should improve on? would appreciate the criticism, want him to live a long comfortable life!
32794FCC-0349-4970-9893-4CF790AC17C9.jpeg D3E5E399-912C-4D86-B5A5-86D1FC8CE190.jpeg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Keeping the water dish full (won't drown) and moistening the substrate by pouring a little water into it occasionally (overflow the water dish once in a while) is going to be more effective than misting. Misting doesn't really absorb in very well and tends to stay on the surface (which is why you're noticing that it's dry already).

Maybe add a few holes on the sides to allow airflow. Otherwise it looks fine.